No matter what I do, I cannot access this one server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked on almost every forum out there and read the whole thread of anything relating to this. I have tried everything they suggest and still nothing! I made my computer have a static IP address, and I also changed my DNS servers to some OpenDNS servers hoping that this would help. It did not... obviously. I went into WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/ETC and erased all those files (like a previous thread had suggested). I called Comcast and asked them if it was a problem on their end. I got the usually, high-school dropout, loser tech/customer support. So that was no help. I know the site is up and running because when I use a circumventor (like the ones PeaceFire.org makes every week), I can access and use it. This just started a few days ago. It was almost like a switch: I FTPed to it at night, went to bed and in the morning I couldn't access it. Help is really appreciated! Thnx

I know the site is up and running because when I use a circumventor (like the ones PeaceFire.org makes every week), I can access and use it. This just started a few days ago.
By the way, what the hec are you talking about :D
What Server ?

Normally FTP sites are used to hold files (downloading\viewing etc)
Which FTP site are you speaking of

Yeam start with some basics

1. Ask kimsland asks, what server is this?

2. Not knowing, let's pretend it's www.google.com

3. From a command prompt, verify you can ping the server (and while referencing it by it's DNS name)
> ping www.google.com

4. Then verify you can route to the server
> tracert www.google.com

Give us those results and we take it from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back