No mic volume

TheCase

Hi,

On my new laptop I have no mic level (Conexant SmartAudio HD) so I cannot listen to the mic back, any ideas

Thanks

Attachments

• nomic.jpg
    nomic.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 5
Laptops normally have 2 mic devices, one being the one built into the laptop, and another for external mics going into the mic port on the side of the laptop. You need to make sure you've set the correct one to be your default mic. If you're using an external mic, it's quite common for the mic device to be invisible in many menus when the mic isn't plugged into the mic port, but if the mic is plugged in, are you sure the device itself is enabled?

The screenshot you provided is the properties of a playback device, you need to find your recording device and go to properties on that to find the mic level

Right click your speaker cone bottom right near the clock on your task bar, then click recording devices, here you'll be able to see whats going on. If your mic device is disabled, right click and go to enable. Check your volume level in properties, and if you're still having trouble, get back to me providing more screenshots if you can :)

Good luck

Back