"No signal" after upgrading ATI drivers

Bluebarry

I've had this problem for ever! I attempt to update my ATI drivers (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Powercolour Series), and half way through the installation the screen goes black and I get "No Signal".

Now the thing is, it's not my monitor, nor VGA/HDMI cable.
A while back I had a really old dell monitor, same problem, recently I got a new 24" flatscreen INSIGNIA with an HDMI cable, same problem.

I looked into so many answers for this and nothing works.

Here is what I have tried:

Safe Mode:

Uninstall drivers from Device Manager, reinstall drivers from AMD .exe... Error: "Fail Detection Drivers"
... Okay

Uninstall drivers from Device Manager, reinstall drivers through Device Manager manually
"Your divers are already up to date"
... how can that be?

I've also uninstalled the drivers in safe mode, rebooted back into normal mode, and the drivers reinstalled automatically, but it installed to version 8.930.0.0, the version I was at.

This is a screen shot of my driver.
2ueicqo.jpg

You can notice the driver version is: 8.930.0.0

I've almost given up! I just want to update my drivers!

Uninstalling through the Device Manager does not really remove the old drivers from your system as you found out. They only reinstall upon restarting. You are supposed to uninstall the old graphics driver through Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7). Try that.

I saw that on another post, but it didn't work.

I found this video on YouTube, and it worked, I got rid of all ATI Drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihVEGWrk5E4

I downloaded the new drivers and there currently (I think) installing right now, the screen went black on my computer (Im on a NetBook right now) and the "No Signal" is flashing. But the ATI installer said the screen may blink or go blank during the installation, so could it still be installing?

I don't want to reboot the computer just incase its installing, but how long should it take? I dont know since I can't see my Desktop.

It should only go blank for a few seconds (but not minutes). From where did you download your driver? If you haven't already, try the AMD website.

Are you up to date with Windows Update?

It should only go blank for a few seconds (but not minutes). From where did you download your driver? If you haven't already, try the AMD website.

Are you up to date with Windows Update?

I did download it from the AMD website, the screen has been blank for about 15 minutes...

EDIT:

After a while I decided to reboot the computer, not know if it was done or not.
I went to Device Manager to find out the driver had been updated, so that's the good thing!

2nan2hk.jpg

The bad thing is CCC didn't install, is there a way I can manually install this only?

And another thing is I have no ATI folder in my main drive.

i4pr39.jpg

In \Program Files I have > ATI > CIM > Bin64/Config/Images
In \Progam Files I have > ATI Technologies > (EMPTY)

In \Program Files (x84) I have > ATI Technologies > ATI.ACE > MOM-InstallProxy

Microsoft .NET Framework is required in order to install CCC. Have you installed that already?

It appears the driver installed okay. ATI is now AMD so you should find an AMD folder in the default location under the C: drive. Did you get any error messages when CCC failed to install? How did you determine CCC failed to install?

What are your system specs?

It appears the driver installed okay. ATI is now AMD so you should find an AMD folder in the default location under the C: drive. Did you get any error messages when CCC failed to install? How did you determine CCC failed to install?

What are your system specs?

I will try installing CCC again, I know it failed because its no where to be found, not in any of my folders, and when I right click on the desktop it doesn't show up.

Back