No sound at all, says drivers are working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze8331

I've been without sound for about 3 months now, and have been trying everything to get it to work again. I've downloaded a bunch of crap that did nothing without making me pay some fee for a one time use only. I've looked at other posts with the same type of problem and tried to fixes posted there, but it still wont work, and it says the drivers and hardware are all working properly. Appreciate any help I can get in this matter and will be checking back regularly.

What is the model of your PC or motherboard?

Use some form of a driver cleaner, remove the sound drivers from your PC and reinstall the latest version. If you can't get sound at that point make sure all of your software is configured properly (nothing is muted etc). Make sure whatever speakers/heatset you're using actually works.

If there's still no sound, your sound card may have bitten the dust.

All I know is that its an MDG computer, anything you can tell me to help you would be appreciated. I don't really understand anything too technical, so please try not to say anything without laymans terms, lol. FYI the sound went out when I was deleting a bunch of old apps and games I never used anymore, idk if I accidentally deleted a driver or something. And I've used driver cleaners but I don't exactly have the money to pay for the full version, and it would only clean like maybe 15-20 files. And I've checked to make sure nothing is muted lol. Any time I go into he sound device window, everything is faded out.

Take a look at the Device Manager (Start>Run>devmgmt.msc)>Ok. See any yellow question marks?

Try downloading Everest to find out more about your PC's model and/or it's motherboard model.

;) Bingo. You don't have your sound card's drivers installed (nor your NIC drivers). Now, we have to identify what PC you're using in order to hunt those drivers down.

So, take a look on your PC's case for a model number and/or check out a program like Everest which might give you a clue.

I looked at the Everest site and I can't afford to buy anything right now, I couldn't find a free trial version or anything (don't know if one even exists). And what would the model number look like and I also need to know where to look... Is it on the sticker with the product key or no?

Everest is a great tool to identify what kind of hardware your running. Even better it identifies and separates them into categories like audio, video, processor, your monitor etc. Just go into the section like audio or sound and it should tell you what sound chip you have. Or go into the general section where it will tell you the manufacturer of your pc and maybe even the model number. All benchmarking programs pretty much work all the same in terms of identification. There should even be an option that will allow the program to write everything down on one file, then you can submit it as an attachment here so others can help faster.

Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3] Thats the only thing that I could think of that comes close to what you're talking about. Does that help any or is that the wrong thing?

Better yet, look at the top of Everest and you'll see "Report". Click that and a list will drop down, hover over "Quick Report - All Pages" and choose "Plain Text". Let that run, save it to your desktop or something and attach it here with your next post.

hi guys,just wanna help..

try this instead,

start> run,on the search box type dxdiag.

directx diagnostic tool window will open,

at the bottom part,click save all informations.

save the file (notepad) & attach the file (do not copy
& paste) to your next post & lets see what model your
motherboard is.(for your onboard sound).

edit: ooops..sorry you already uploaded it...

:) I'm posting here because I enjoy helping others if possible and it's a decent way for me to refine my own troubleshooting skills. You've done enough by presenting a problem and posting back with the results of my suggestions.

Thank you, and you're welcome ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back