No sound on my pc

Vinici58

So,2 days ago I bought a new headset for gaming (Logitech G430) this headset requires some drivers and a software,at first I plugged it on my computer and downloaded all the things that it needs,but then I saw that no sound was coming out of it and the little speaker icon besides the clock was with a "X" on it upload_2015-12-30_18-52-33.png
,and when I hover the mouse on it appears "There is no sound device or headphones connected",but there is,I searched for more than 10 hours a solution for this problem,because not a single device is recognizeable by the windows,I tried update the sond drivers,reinstall some programs and many oder things,nothing worked,I have no idea about what should I try now.
One thing that I noticed is that I'm not longer able to find Realtek on my search bar on windows button
I mean this program:
upload_2015-12-30_18-45-51.jpeg
But I see on my programs list,it's in there

This is how my Device Manager looks like without the new headset,just normal headphones (In german)

upload_2015-12-30_18-50-24.png

I downloaded the Realtek drivers again and again,but it still doenst show in there,I don't know if it is any problem with the drivers or with my soundcard

Please help me,I need my sound back,if there's anything else that I have to show,tell me,thanks

Try using the sound ports at the back see if that works and if does that prob means your front headphone jack is broken. And dont forget to change the playback devices.

Try using the sound ports at the back see if that works and if does that prob means your front headphone jack is broken. And dont forget to change the playback devices.
I tried it,and I noticed that my computer recognises any device,because it shows all the connected headphones on sounds tab,but it looks like it can not reproduce the sounds for some reason,by the way thanks for the help.

Logitech equipment is usually really good and I have been pleased with purchases. I don't have this headset but a quick search shows that users have had all sorts of issues with it. My suggestion is that you start by disconnecting and removing everything connected with the G430 then set about getting something basic working like speakers or headphones. Once you've done that you can be sure there's no problem apart from the Logitech device. From there try reinstalling the software for the G430 and change any usb ports you are using. If you still get nowhere I'd see if you can return the headset.

Logitech equipment is usually really good and I have been pleased with purchases. I don't have this headset but a quick search shows that users have had all sorts of issues with it. My suggestion is that you start by disconnecting and removing everything connected with the G430 then set about getting something basic working like speakers or headphones. Once you've done that you can be sure there's no problem apart from the Logitech device. From there try reinstalling the software for the G430 and change any usb ports you are using. If you still get nowhere I'd see if you can return the headset.
I thought many times in returning it,but I reached the conclusion that it would not help,because it works,I tried on my phone,the problem is on my computer,I tried connect normal headphones and speakers,it shows on sounds tab,but none works I still think it should be any driver Issue,anyway,thank you so much for your help,btw, I've already uninstalled all the things that I used for the headset,but nothing worked, how I said, it's a computer issue,nothing wrong with Logitech's software

Last edited:
Again have you changed the default playback option to your headphones. In my pc I have to do that every time to switch between them. For some reason it doesn't do that automatically.

Perhaps read up about all the issues that others have had with the headset and see if you can find a way forward. Usually, if you plug in a device Windows will recognise it and install basic drivers enabling it to do something even without the Logitech software. Also, make sure you have your packaging and receipt. Myself, I'd get a refund and buy another product having less negative feedback. If you think it's your computer there must be other problems apart from the fact that the G430 won't work with it.

Try to find the driver for your sound card appropriate for your motherboard. Also, the problem can be in the absence of the necessary system files, so use the system restore soft. Please write here after resolving your problem

Sometimes I've read problems with Windows 7 systems and thought why on earth are they not upgrading to Windows 10 and then seeing if the problem is still there or not.? I had a look at this with regards to your headset and again there are major issues coming up. For example:
https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Headsets/G430-Headset-with-Windows-10/td-p/1408838

Logitech do have tech support so try contacting the professionals. You've already paid for the service by buying their product.

A few weeks ago I had a sound problem that I still didn't fixed,all the informations are in this post:
( https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-my-pc.222458/ )
I've tried almost all the possibilities in my software, but none worked, so I think my soundcard may have fried when I connected a new high definition sound headset, and I can't buy a new one without knowing if it's really necessary.

Now the real thing,at the microphone tab on sound there is a thing called Stereomix,and it's deactivated, I can't activate or do any thing with it, so I think it means that my soundcard is broken.
upload_2016-1-21_18-51-15.png

Please tell me if I need to post any other thing to see if it's broken, I need my sound back,

By the way thank you, if you read until here.
Motherboard Gigabyte B75M-D3V

Last edited:
Back