No sound on Windows 7

Hi, my PC doesn't seem to have sound, I started it up this morning, and now there is no sound.
There are a few things that I have tried already and nothing seems to be working.
First off, The Realtek HD Audio Driver does not appear in devmgmt.msc, because of this, I can't even check if any of my devices are even connected or not.
I have also tried starting my PC with a VGA cable instead of an HDMI cable.
I have tried updating the driver.
I have tried Uninstalling ---> Reboot ---> Update/Install --->Reboot.
The Default Driver that seems to be picked up when I am in Speccy is "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) "

Attachments

• Speccy Data Sheet.txt
    61.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Any volume buttons on the keyboard that got turned down? Headphones plugged in so you can't hear sound externally? External speakers? Are they plugged in to AC?

@learninmypc
Hi, it's a desktop, so I head a headset plugged in, all the points are in the right place and the head sets drivers are up to date, its not likely that the problem is caused by the what's plugged in, but more by the fact that my default sound card has some how changed to the Nvidia Virtual Audio Device.
I have tried uninstalling the driver and disabling auto updates for drivers, and rebooting but that doesn't seem to work as it just reappears.
I can't seem to get Windows to change it back to the integrated sound card

Ok, my W7 desktop keyboard has volume buttons & external speakers which can be turned down or unplugged which would result in the problem you're experiencing. Anyhow, have you gone into the control panel>Sound to check in there? Good luck. :)

Back