No sound -- Win XP SP3

Hi All,

Need your help please..attached is a print screen that shows unknown device. I assume this is for sound as I don't have any. I don't know what MB I have and have downloaded the realtec drivers and the lenovo M55E audio drivers.

Tks for any help...

IR

Attachments

• Device Manager.JPG
    Device Manager.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re on a 32bit computer, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

No Sound

Hello,

Tks for the prompt reply..below is the info you requested:

Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_17AA1015&REV_1005\4&1E69C172&1&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DA&SUBSYS_101517AA&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2972&SUBSYS_101517AA&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&10 The drivers for this device are not installed.

I have also attached the report per your request.

Really appreciate the help..

IR

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 4
You’re missing several different drivers.

The Problem Report includes
> your High Definition (HD) audio device (that’s the string that starts “HDAUDIO”). you need the driver and
> The "Video Controller" needs the graphics driver

From Dxdiag
> Machine summary at top says Lenovo 9632F7U. That sound right?
> Dxdiag's System Device section looks like you’re missing the chipset drivers as well.

I think best place to start to find all those drivers to start with the Lenovo website HERE. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page? Use Internet Explorer to go there and try their Auto-detect option. See if Lenovo will detect your machine and find the right drivers for you

No Sound

Hi,

When i try to download the drivers for the audio from Lenovo it says i have SP3 so no downloaded is needed.

tks

IR

<snip>
Not Available HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_17AA1015&REV_1005\4&1E69C172&1&0001 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Then let's just do it this way... Your computer uses High Definition (HD) Audio

Based on the info in your Problem Report, I believe you need the SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio driver. Try HERE

/* EDIT */
I just looked at that driver file. There's no Setup.exe file. You will probably need installation instructions. I'll post instructions on how to install driver later when i have the chance

To install that driver see [post=1094585]How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run[/post]

No Sound

Hi,

It worked!!!! thank you so much!!!

Now i have to work on getting the drivers for the other two..

I owe you one..will let u know if i can find the other two...

Really appreciate it..

IR

Great news! Glad to hear it worked :)

And here's a tip on the other two devices in the Problem Report
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DA&SUBSYS_101517AA&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2972&SUBSYS_101517AA&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&10 The drivers for this device are not installed.

If we look at their device strings, both of their IDs start PCI\VEN_8086
> PCI tells us they both connect to the PCI bus
> VEN_8086 tells us the PCI vendor ID of each device= 8086. 8086 is the PCI vendor ID for Intel. Thus both of those devices are Intel chips

Try Intel Driver Update Utility. See if it might help resolve the Intel chips

Back