No Startup on HP Pavilion G6 (Win 7)

eharvey650

I have a HP Pavilion G6 that suddenly without error message won't boot up (black screen no text). Power on and after second or two bottom left corner of screen reads ESC to enter startup menu. After that nothing. No hard drive activity at all. F8 key does not take me to boot options. If I do hit ESC I can enter startup menu and check system info, do all the diagnostic test (they all check out ok), and enter into recovery screen. That part is weird because when I select it, the Windows starting displays and it goes into windows and then into the HP Recovery Manager console. System Restore fails on every restore point that I have (7 earlier dates). I didn't purchase the system restore, but I was able to backup my files to thump drive. Any recommendations before I restore to factory settings? I do have another copy of win 7 home premium that I installed on my desktop. Can I repair the operating system using that disk?

Your win 7 disk may work. But if you are able to get to your recovery partition. For a factory restore. This may be your best bet. Mainly because it will have all your drivers and such on it.

Back