No video input

Hi everyone,
I was using my PC for few hours and suddenly monitor screen turned black and no video input messege showed up.
I tried all of the following things after that:
restarting PC, checking VGA cable on both PC and monitor ends, using different monitor with same cable, different monitor with different VGA cable, opening PC housing and cleaning it from dust, plugging in and out video card and still after all that same thing was happening when I turned the PC on- black screen and no video input messege. Finally I switched vga cable from video card and plugged it in onboard graphic and finally normal screen appeared.
Video card in question is Nvidia Geforce GT 730 and I bought it 4-5 years ago I think.
What donyou guys think the issue is? I fear it might be either dead video card (although the fan is spinning normally) or dead video card socket on motherboard.
I appriciate all of your input and advices.

Well I narrowed it down in my opinion not sure if there are any other options besides those that I checked? Im thinking of bringing my video card to local shop tomorrow so they can check if itworks on one of their PCs...Also I thought about drivers, but only after I removed video card completely, and then nvidia manager cant check for them so Ill try to put it back in tomorrow and check for updates, but I doubt thats the problem because I think nvidia manager should look for updates automatically?

I returned video card in its slot and tried to look for driver updates, nvidia experience didnt recognize hardware so I went on Nvidia page and downloaded latest drivers manually but when I went to install it again same problem itnsays graphic driver does not find compatible driver hardware. Video card entered good in its socket and the fan is spinning so I dont think its a bad contact. Not sure what to do from here except to take my video card at local shop to br checked on another PC.

P.S.
Im not sure that its even recognized in device manager nothing in video/audio compartment and some Video controller in other devices but I think its from onboard graphic or am I mistaken?

UPDATE:
I switched on my PC after removing video card and went to device manager and there are no more other devices so the Video controller that was shown earlier was indeed my video card but for some reason the system isnt recognizing it anymore as a nvidia graphic card but puts it in other devices. I cant even manually install newest drivers cause it cant recognize it. It looks more like software than hardware problem at this point.Any advices on why this is happening and how to fix it?

It shouldn't be that hard to get the graphics card to work. You should get a picture without installing any drivers. After all, when one builds a PC from scratch you are able to see the BIOS with generic drivers and later, when you install Windows, generic drivers enable you to get video output before you install any other drivers. IMHO, from your description the graphics card is dead. Time to shop for another one.

I was hoping it wasnt video card or motherboard issue but if it is I dont think Ill be shopping for a new card, the PC is old anyway Ill just buy myself a new laptop I think, desktop computers are old school anyways

Back