No video

rayb0331

I have had this no display problem for a while now. I took the PC into a shop they told me most likely motherboard, so I ordered replacement motherboard which came with a new CPU installed everything still no display. It powers up but no display. So I take it to another shop today, they tell me most likely PSU, so I buy a used but in good condition, power supply from that place, bring it home and install it, and still no video. I do not want to give up on this but I am out of ideas to fix it, and I am tired of spending money on it and it not working. So, I need some help with something that I can do that I might be missing, and I have booted it up with only one stick of RAM in, tried all my sticks in all the slots. Any help is appreciated, I am determined to fix this tonight.

The motherboard has on-board graphics. With what you have tried, are you sure that the monitor is good?

Yes I have tried 2 monitors with on board video hook up also tried with video card through vga and s video.

Yeah no video at all. I will have to contact the motherboard company and hope they take it back. I will try the old motherboard it may have not even been bad in the first place.

Well I pulled the new motherboard and hooked up the old one with the new power supply and it is not turning on at all and when I flip the switch the power supply is making a popping noise and throwing sparks occasionally so I am just going to go ahead and say the power supply is no good.

Whatever power supply you get, don't shop for the cheapest available. Go for quality. You probably know this already, so just saying.

Yeah Im going to have to spend the money, computers are just not my main hobby but im one of those fix everything myself guys so I end up turning alot of things into my hobby haha

Alright bought the power supply today. It is the same as the one I bought before but this one is brand new in the package. I put it in an I am not getting any start up. I have everything hooked up the same way I did before, and the motherboard light comes on. On my old board the fin starts up and shuts right off, but on the new board, nothin. Is that power supply or am I just hooking something up wrong?

Have you connected the aux 4-pin power supply cable to the motherboard near the CPU? The Intel Motherboard is a simple no frills motherboard but they are known to be reliable...

Back