Nokia Lumia 525 Review: A small update to Windows Phone's most popular handset

Scorpus

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/782-nokia-lumia-525/]https://www.techspot.com/review/782-nokia-lumia-525/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Yay, good review Tim. I can almost forgive you for the T100 review, but not really. :)

I have 520 and good enough for what I need it for. So the RAM is only 512MB good enough for now until something else in a few years. Looks like you have EUR model of the item. Still I only paid $59 bucks and I am sure the new one would cost me a lot more. Smartphone unlike the tablet doesn't really need so much power to answer phone calls, get in the internet, read something from meetup or check info on item. Play a game. Dual core in this quick enough for these phone and you don't really need a Quad core on solid-state device. Interesting review.. Keep them up!.

My score on the 520 would be 89% out of 100%

Nice review, thank you. Ordered a 521 bundle for $75 over the weekend. Plenty for me.

Please someone explain this to me.
My Mi2S lasts about 3 hours of screen time (full brightness).
How is it that it's common to see ~10 hours in a video playback test?

Someone on techspot needs to review Lenovo p780 and that beast of a battery..

I'm still quite happy with my 520, though I regret not buying the 720.

Please someone explain this to me.
My Mi2S lasts about 3 hours of screen time (full brightness).
How is it that it's common to see ~10 hours in a video playback test?

It all depends on the CPU and modem load, two components that can use a lot of battery. The video playback test is run in airplane mode, primarily just to test display energy consumption but also to test hardware acceleration. You'll see results that are a lot shorter when using 4G/Wi-Fi.

In fact I've actually been doing other battery tests recently, and the Xperia Z1 (for example) lasts 8.5 hours for video, but around 6 hours for Wi-Fi/4G browsing, and around 3 hours when gaming.

Hmmm, I guess so. Usually my screen uses something like 60% of the battery with everything else using something like 5%.

What brightness are these tests at in cd/m^2? Or even just a percentage would help.

"Simply put, the Lumia 525’s rear camera is incapable of taking a decent photo, regardless of how perfect the conditions are" .... I totally disagree, it depends with what you compare, or what are the expactations, but, in any of these cases the camera does at least a decent job (for a camera without flash, and for a phone in that price area); there are so many other phones that do a crapy job at camera, this is even better than Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 (that has flash), pictures have details, so I do not understand your opinion: "but the poor sensor quality and unpleasant bokeh makes this camera unsuitable for any decent macro photography"; "Photos produced from the 5-megapixel camera are barely usable" I invide you and other who think the same to go to flickr camera finder (on google), and to look on some picture taken with this camera.

Sir, I've have been using 525 for more than six months. And, I'm very happy with it. Even my friends regret buying this instead of their Samsung and iPhones.

Back