Nokia's T20 Android tablet listed: a budget 10.3-inch slate to challenge Amazon and Samsung?

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: While flagship Android tablets have come a long way in recent years, with Samsung's Galaxy Tab S7+ rivaling the mighty iPad Pro, many budget offerings running Google's OS leave a lot to be desired. But HMD Global is reportedly planning to release its first Android tablet that's relatively cheap, large, and, hopefully, pretty good.

It appears that the Nokia tablet, named the Nokia T20, has already been certified in Russia, according to NokiaMob. The publication found two versions of the slate, one with Wi-Fi-only connectivity and the other that uses 4G through a SIM card.

The Nokia T20 reportedly features a 10.36-inch display, making it larger than the standard 9.74-inch iPad Pro. It also has 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, though there will likely be other versions with more storage capacity.

NokiaPowerUser found listings for both Nokia T20 tablets on UK website MoreComputers. The 4G version is £172 without the UK's value-added tax (VAT), which works out at around $240, while the Wi-Fi tablet is $158, or $220. It's likely that the US prices will be even lower.

There are no images of the Nokia T20 and no word on a release date, though it could arrive in November.

Our current favorite budget tablet is the $149 Amazon Fire HD 10. If the Nokia T20 really is $220 - $240, it will go up against the 10.4-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab A7, which has a 2000 x 1200 display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 processor, and 3GB of RAM.

The Lumia 2520, remember this one?

This won't be the first tablet to carry the first Nokia name. There was the Nokia N1 (masthead image) from 2014, before the brand was licensed to HMD Global, and the Windows RT-based Nokia Lumia 2520 that arrived in 2013.

Permalink to story.

Oh WOW. A new budget tier 10" androdi tablet? How innovative ! /s.

I miss the days of the nexus 9 and nexus 7 gen 2, when mid range tablets could be had with closer-to-flagship features.

"The Nokia T20 reportedly features a 10.36-inch display, making it larger than the standard 9.74-inch iPad Pro"

There has not been a 9.7" ipad pro in many years, or even a regular 9.7 ipad. what an odd comparison.

I have great expectations for tablets and handhelds in the coming 3 years - with all the new SOCs coming online.

My prediction Samsung/AMD in the next year will release a powerful 10inch gaming tablet or steam deck equivalent with OLED screen in the next year ( well give they will release a phone together - I think it's a safe bet )

£172 is far too much for a tablet that doesn’t have any apps. Seriously, Android tablets are all but dead. Google isn’t pushing new tablet features. All it’s tablets for the last several years use Chrome OS.

£172 is far too much for a tablet that doesn’t have any apps. Seriously, Android tablets are all but dead. Google isn’t pushing new tablet features. All it’s tablets for the last several years use Chrome OS.
spot the apple fanboy lol. it has all the apps I use, insta fb snap etc.

spot the apple fanboy lol. it has all the apps I use, insta fb snap etc.
Lmao, sure it has basic functionality. But in general where there are apps on iOS there are often not on Android. It’s a fact that iOS has way more apps. Stating this fact does not make anyone a fanboy. Lying and claiming Android is the same is definitely something a fanboy would do...

Back