Norwegian gunman used Modern Warfare 2 for training

Archean

Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik apparently used Modern Warfare 2 as a training guide to prepare him for the shooting that would eventually kill 86 people at a youth camp on the island of Utoya. A 1,500-page manifesto linked to the suspect currently being held responsible for the July 22 attacks in Norway has garnered attention for containing references to popular video games.

Could have used a broom with a crosshair glued to it as "training".. let's start a campaign to ban brooms!

Agreed, well I have played lots of similar games (still do when I can find a little time), but I never thought about 'actually' killing anyone, so the argument doesn't hold much value for me. I think it more of a psychological issue, something which has nothing to do with the game.

So have the "Anit-Video-Game" fanatics crawled out of their holes and started waving signs and picketing the jail?

I can just see it now in America......the power hungry anal Republicans will demand control and sanctions on video game companies. And rather than them just being able to control what type of "age appropriateness" is for a game, their going try and control the content of games as well, make them all rated "G"!

But if your a member of the Billionaires clubs, make sizable donations to the Republicans political war chest, drive fancy cars, live on the big side of town, have $10,000 Rolex watches around your wrist and vow to believe in all things Pagan..............then you get a exemption card and you can buy the rated "PG" to "PG-13" to Rated "R" games!

I know my example is dramatic and full of Hollywood, but it gets you thinking!

Why don't republicans ban all arms sale to general public? They along with dems are always up there to support the gun lobby, incidentally the same guns are used to kill innocent people.

Why don't republicans ban all arms sale to general public? They along with dems are always up there to support the gun lobby, incidentally the same guns are used to kill innocent people.

I don't know if trying to take the guns away from the likes of Mr. John Public is going to work, I don't think the "people" would go for it.

Unless Washington "expands" on the "Patriot Act" to include some new amendments to it, like expanding more of the "peoples" rights to take away from them, maybe them doing some sort of "dark back room deal" to slide or slip the right of the Fed's to take the guns away from us!?!

It's probably on their minds, some may want to do it, but all are to cowardly to make the first move! They probably don't want to get their brains blown out by the first Mr. John Public they try to remove guns off of!

Usually when one ***** uses a game whole or in part to practice killing, then goes on to do it for real, the game gets slated and taken off the shelves for a finer review...This always annoys me about this sort of stuff.

It's happened with GTA 4 before.

Back