Not sure if components are compatible

Rory725

Hey techspot,
Basically, I'm not sure if a few components will work with my current ones.
I will be using my motherboard (Asus p5n-e sli) and plan on buying a corsair 120gb force 3 ssd. However I have seen mixed comments if ssds will work with my motherboard. I was also wondering if u find ram by another company but has the same timings, cas latency and speed but has different voltages does that matter? One last thing, I think I'll need to update my bios for a new CPU I'm thinking of getting. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a memory stick but I'm not sure how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. U may think it's a wate of me getting a ssd when my Mobo doesn't fully support it but I plan on upgrading to ivy bridge when it comes out. Also would a corsair tx650 v2 be powerful enough to support sli gtx 570s? If no over clocking was done? Thanks Rory :)

AS far as the SSD, it should be compatible, but the main consensus is that these drives require a little Bios tweaking to work properly.

For your RAM, Just make sure that its DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) spec. with a 240pin interface and you'll be good, you don't need to worry about using memory from different manufactures.

Edit: Also Since the minimum system requirements for ONE of those cards is at least 550Watts, and you want to use two, I would find something with a bit more power.

Thanks pandora :) decided to go for a tx750 Incase I sli in the future. And what kind of bios tweaking are we talking about? I don't know much about my bios :/

No problem man.

Basically you just need to tweak the Serial ATA Controller from your Bios settings to make sure it works properly with Windows 7, nothing serious.

Back