Not sure what PSU to get

hellraiser 246

Hi all
I live in the UK and want to build a system but am not sure what psu to put in I have been thinking of either of these three

OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail
corsair CMPSU-600 CXV2uk builder series 600w
ocz600 mxps-uk modxstream pro 600w

these are the components I have picked out :
AMD bulldozer FX8150 8 core @3.60 GHz
Asus M5A78L-M usb 3HDMI mobo
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Seagate ST3100524AS barracuda 1TB sata drive with 32 MB buffer
Samsung SH-S223c 22x sata dvd re-writer.

I do want to run a gpu but not at this moment I want it to be an addition later on.

thanks

The three I mentioned are with in my budget can you suggest a stable one out of these three.
I can supply links if needed

thanks

I tend to find OCUK's prices to be on the high side. I personally much prefer to shop with Scan UK. I've thrown over 100 orders there way over the last 18 months and they've been flawless with ordering, delivery and returns.

In addition to Slh28's two suggestions, this PSU is more than suitable: Antec Neo Eco 520w Modular -- £49.82. This is another Seasonic built PSU, and highly regarded (I actually use the 620W version and I'm seriously impressed with it): Antec High Current Gamer HCG-520 -- £55.82. For the budget the Antec Neo Eco/HCG and XFX Core Editions are about the best you money will buy you, and all of them will be extremely reliable.

My personal preference would be the Antec HCG-520, but all of them are excellent.

What do you reckon on these:
Antec HGC-620M-GB 620W High Current Gamer Modular PSU

Corsair TX750 750W Bronze Certified High Performance

thanks

Both good, but the 750W is probably overkill unless you're plannning to run dual GPUs. But judging by your motherboard choice that's not the case so a 500-600W PSU will be fine.

What do you reckon on these:
Antec HGC-620M-GB 620W High Current Gamer Modular PSU

Corsair TX750 750W Bronze Certified High Performance

thanks

Agree with 750W being overkill.

The Antec HCG-620M is a very good PSU. I got the early non-modular version for my PC and I've been very impressed with the quality, and reliability so far. I highly recommend it. Plus, being modular you can remove the leads you don't need to use. They come with a lot of leads, and that can also be its downfall in smaller cases. Obviously the HCG-620M doesn't suffer with that like my HCG-620 does.

Both of the PSU's you listed are high quality.

Hmm their GS series is a cheaper line than the TX, HX or AX series. It's not Seasonic based and only comes with a 3 years warranty (Corsair's better models have 5 or 7 years warranty). Still, I think you're fine at the moment as you're not going to be pulling anywhere near 700W and even with a high end GPU there will be a lot of capacity left. But if you're thinking about Crossfire or SLI that would be a bit questionable.

Lol. It never fails to surprise me when a member asks us to recommend a suitable power supply, then goes and gets something entirely different. :D

Thankfully, the Corsair GS-700 isn't that bad. Sure its not as good as Corsair's AX/VX/TX range, but its leaps and bounds ahead in quality over the first three you listed at the very beginning.

Oh well, could do a lot worse than the GS 700. At least it's a single 12V and 80+ Bronze.

The GS Series is made by CWT; a pretty good OEM, to be honest. Not as top-tier as Seasonic, but just a notch below, which certainly isn't bad.

Back