Nr2003 connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with a connection problem with Nascar Racing 2003. When I am in Multiplayer mode, I lose connection about every 20 seconds. When I pull up the connection gauges, my quality is great, my latency is fine, the "S" or sync gage starts at green then yellow then crawls down to red. when the whole gauge is full of red my screen will "click" like a reset and the whole process starts over. I usually wreck when the "click" happens because cars appear out of nowhere. It takes about 20 seconds for this cycle to happen. I am on comcast using a linksys router. this happens even when i hard wire straight to the modem. I called comcast and their test showed no problems. Anybody got any ideas about what is going on here. I have never been able to race online since I started using comcast. when I explain it to comcast they are like robots and do a line check and tell me all is fine and then say bye.

I don't have a solution, but I will let you know, you're not alone with this problem. I have the same problem.

It's kind of wierd, actually. It only seems to happen at certain tracks, sometimes in certain turns, sometimes in practices, always in qualifying, and never in the race, unless I'm way behind the field coming to a caution.

I had this problem at Pocono, and I couldn't get a qualifying run in. Anyways, the next night I changed the resolution from 1440 x 900 to 1280 x 768, and I was able to qualify. Although, I was at Indianapolis earlier this week and couldn't get a qualifying run in then either, with the 1280 x 768 resolution.

I don't know why, it doesn't even seem to make any sense, but you can try that, but like I said, I still had the problem at Indy.

I'm not running the same hardware as you. I do have a router, but it's a linksys, and I have DSL for internet, I don't know if this makes a difference or not because I ran the game on a XP desktop with no problems, and when I changed to a Vista laptop, I did a couple of races with no problems, but then Pocono was what started it all.

I'd be interested in knowing if, when, and how you got it fixed though.

I never fixed the problem. no body on this board has stepped up to the problem. It must be to tough. I am using vista on a laptop and a linksys router. I have bypassed the router and the problem persists. Sorry I don't have any answers but I really don't know much about computers.

Hmm... well it actually sounds like we have the exact same problem. Nr2003, multiplayer, linksys router, vista, laptop, not a big knowledge of computers...

I guess it's a tough one, cause I guy I race with is pretty good with computers, but he doesn't know why either. Like I said, it seems to only be certain tracks, and sometimes certain turns, but Pocono had problems one night, I changed my resolution of the game, and the next night I was able to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back