Ntfs.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA blue scree

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer was first not being recognized by the monitor would say that there was no active connections though the computer was on. That would happen out of no where while I would be using the computer then after a day of that happenign several times I got the following message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

Ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000005E (0xFAE80060, 0x00000000, 0x81AD34D9, 0x00000002)

*** Ntfs.sys - Adress 81AD34D9 base at 81ABD000, DateStamp 4549 aceb

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump... "

I turned my computer restarted my computer and it would happen again but the other times it didn't long enough on the screen for me to copy it. After a two days of keeping my computer off i decided to give it another try. Nothing happened but since i need a computer cleaning I restored the computer to it's original factory settings. This did not alter the vista system. I spent all day on the computer with no problems. Thinking I had fixed whatever the problem was I turned of the computer this morning and after about 30 minutes it crashed with the same message as above. The problem is no hardware was been changing on the computer since we bought it about an year and a half ago. The tower had been opened twice for cleaning purposes only. Could i have loosened anything? It seems unlikely since the last time i opened it was over three months ago.

I have since the last blue screen message restarted the computer and so far no problems but if it happens as before it will probably happen again.

I have an HP Pavilion- Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
RAM: 2942 MB
32-bit Operating System

What is wrong? what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back