NTLDR problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I'm having problem booting up my Windows XP
Have Disabled my Norton Online AV protection (to be activated after restart) and have also removed the Norton files from the Startup using the CCLEANER.

Was so sick off Norton AV that just wanted to get rid of it (there is no easy option to turn it off. In the end I disabled the whole computer instead (Yes I know pretty funny).

So I've tried few things like the recovery console (some of the commands didn't work properly(like the bootcfg or the chkdsk).

Haven't tried the MBR but I did try copying the NTLDR and the NTDETECT.COM and the Boot.ini to the c:\. NTLDR just won't copy saying "Can't copy the file" or something.

So here I'm I'm pretty sure that the fact that the Norton AV software that was meant to run after the system start up and the fact that I've removed it's files by CCleaner got something to do with the whole thing.

But I haven't a clue as to how to fix it.

Thanks for taking some time on this busy holiday season to read this post.
I'll appreciate any help with this one.

Lots of thanks
Happy New Year everyone.

bung your xp install disc into the cd drive, boot from cd and run a repair, hey presto all fixed, if any of the above doesnt make sense, do a google on reparing ntldr problems for a million hits.

Nooooooo

HDD went bust doesnt matter LOL
My life's work my documents my studies My Bussiness all gone!
I couldn't restore it.

Naa only joking nothing really important :).
But thanks for trying to help, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back