Numerous BSOD issues since hardware change

Hey guys, my dad just recently passed on his old video card and powersupply to me, and they work fine!

He gave me a Vantec Ion2 550w power supply and a Geforce GTS 250 1gb video card.

Now I can boot correctly (sometimes) and the games run fine. However SOMETIMES, I get random BSOD errors when booting.

These include:

Bad_pool_header
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (or something like that)
and a win32k.sys file was named with the above BSOD on-screen.

These have only began to occur when booting AFTER this new hardware change.

I use windowsXP and my computer is kept very clean. I don't have stupid toolbars hanging around or any crappy spyware-filled programs.

My computer is fine. It's just a hardware problem.

The cause for concern was when the page_fault BSOD occured while I was using the computer, not just booting it. This was an issue. It only happened once, and doesn't seem frequent at all.

Sometimes my computer will run perfectly with this hardware.

I have the latest nvidia drivers as well.

I ran into a problem after installing the hardware where I would get stuck on the post screen with 'initializing USB controllers'

this was fixed by switching a cable from my power supply that was connected to the motherboard....with an identical cable from the same wire...

Why this happened, I do not know..

Is there anything else you need to know? I hope there are solutions. :(

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back