Numerous BSODs on Win XP Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had numerous and varied BSODs that restart my computer. Each time I get a looping noise thru my speakers when the system crashes (a short-repetitive blipping beep, as if a CD is scratched and keeps looping).

I've had 0x0000008E's, 0x00000024's, and 0x000000D1's - just to name a few.

I have attached a zip of some of the dumps. I can add many more if need be.

Thanks Much!

Inside Minidumps
BugCheck 10000050, {92ed4680, 0, bf80eb5b, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck 1000000A, {7266744e, 1c, 1, 805022dc}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkThread+c )

BugCheck 24, {1902fe, bace3368, bace3064, ba918a46}
Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SYS ( CLASSPNP!SetupReadWriteTransferPacket+1f )

BugCheck 1000000A, {a060006, 2, 1, 804e5b24}
Probably caused by : sr.sys ( sr!SrCleanup+b3 )

BugCheck 100000D1, {f40eeb36, 1c, 8, f40eeb36}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RtkHDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RtkHDAud.sys
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+378bae )

All the Errors you have are Consistent with Driver Errors, these Errors include 0xD1, 0xA, 0x50 but last 2 there can be caused by Hardware and to be more Specific with the 0x50 error Memory Related Problems. Even 0x8E are caused by Drivers or Memory Related Hardware Problems.

The only problem is you have 0x24 errors which must mean there might be 2 problems because that is Inconsistent with the other 4 Errors. They are caused by Software Normally or some Damage to the HDD.

I will suggest that either your HDD or Whats on it Software or Drivers are the cause, So to start with please Remove and Reinstall your Realtek Audio Drivers making sure you Install the latest version of Driver, Secondly Run ChkDsk and type it exactly in the Run Bar (Start > Run > ChkDsk /r /f > Ok > Press Y or y to Start ChkDsk when the System is Restarted). And the last thing to do is to Run your HDD Manufacturers Test found in the Support Or Download Section of their Website.

Thanks much. I did a chkdsk the other day. Should I do that on every hard drive on the system or just the boot drive? I just did the boot drive but thinking about it - I should probably do it on all of them.

Will get to work on your suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

I did everything mentioned. However, just a little while ago, I had a 0x0000008E BSOD shutdown. I have attached the dump...
Any other ideas?
Thanks so much!

The MiniDump lists a 0x8E error probably caused by "memory corruption" another Driver possibly but could be RAM with the 0x8E error so try running Memtest86.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back