Nv4_Disp BSOD error

czre

Hello, ive had this problem for a while. It faded for a while and only recently it returned. IT is quite the stressor, I have an amd a8sx motherboard with 3500+ processor. 8600 Gts nvidia graphics card, 2.5gigs ram. I restart it quite a bit only to find it didnt help. occasionally just by chance ill unplug the power to my main harddrive and it randomly works. although the harddrive doesnt seem to be the problem. I can only assume that my Graphics card is failing. I checked all the caps on it no leaking of anything from a busted "transistor" i wanna say.
wiping my harddrive monthly is just a hassle. I use windows xp dark edition v7. i have 2 harddrives seagate i believe one ata? and one sata. Ok onto the problem. I start my computer and during the logo, the standard check on ram, i get massive quantities of "artifacts" i call them, Rectangular pixels that are out of whack. mixing and making letters disappear entirely. I first noticed this when I was playing Combat zone Special Forces. It suddenly Froze, making the artifacts appear. Then it started happening during movies, and more importantly... Starcraft 2....Never have i had this problem so consistent. I restart i power down they're still tehre
i leave the computer off for a day i turn it on. Still there. On random occasions i have luck and it works for few hours. Im using an alternate computer source. because i cannot bear to look at it without getting mad raged. Ive swapped out ram before. but i can only assume Gfx. like i said. But nonetheless i want some lovely techi-support from whoever is kind enough to help me. Im in crisis. PLEASE HELP REQUEST INFORMATION AND I CAN GIVE TO YOU IF I KNOW HOW. OR ILL GOOGLE HOW TO FIND OUT. ahah :) THANKYOU!!!!

This is called artifacting and it is a strong sign that your video card is dying with the exception that it may be an overheating issue. Is the fan on the card working? How is your PC's airflow?

My best guess though is the card is dying.

thankyou for your speedy response. My computer runs at 111 and 98 degrees Far. Cant spell it right now. Stressin, the fan on the card is working. I leave my case open to allow for more air flow. I even flipped case upside down. Drilled hole in top to allow another fan and setup my hardware in it obviously right side up :) . because i felt like it was the graphics card i ordered one. Im testing the ram theory right now just in case one died all of a sudden. My stuff has always ran warm and never had consistent problems like this which is a major bummer.!

The good thing is that it appears with your system you can get a good video card at a great price. Which one did you order?

to be honest i told my bro to order one, Im a cash kinda guy. Living in a small town where theres nothing i can goto for good ones cheap you know? I think he ordered from newegg or tigerdirect. and i believe it will be atleast a 9600 i told him dont spend over 80. But still. I payed a crap ton more than that for my 8600 Gts when it was first out haha. Hopefully it will be here within next couple days. I dont know how long i can be without my therapy =P haha

I run a 9600GT in my aging yet very reliable socket 939 system and so far all the games I've wanted to play I can. Of course the day will soon come when I can't and there are a few games like this now.

If you don't mind me asking, where is small town?

out in the boonies in minnesota haha. Hey you have the 9600 gt. I believe thats the one that was just ordered for me. If its not the 9600 its the 9500... Is it a good card in comparison to the 8600 gts i had? any flaws i should be aware of? and if i have a 2.2 ghz processor will I be able to run my graphics on a higher setting than i usually run on all low? or is the processor not allowing the gfx to catch up it it? I used to have an Fx-55 on a regular 939 and i never had problems with any high graphiced settings without any sort of lag issues. just wish my landlady didnt pour some drink into the top fan haha. What a beezy. Get back to me if anyone can help with my latest question

Games are GPU intensive though cpu power and especially the harddrive come into play. The 9600 will certainly be better than the 8600, but to make a better comparison first let us know if your new card is either the 9600 or 9500. Also, tell us the specs on both the 8600 and the new one, i.e. amount of video RAM, type of video RAM -- DDR2 or DDR3, etc.

I'm crying over what happened to your FX-55. They were expensive cpus at the time.

haha i know right, i got it at a steal price. it was a last of product sale on newegg at the time i think i got it for 190 with motherboard. a steal!!! best single core ive ever had and or wanted. I use ddr2 ive got 4 slots on motherboard. i use 2 256mbs Older brands 1 570? Corsair. and 1 1024. all different brands which isnt really by choice just trying to speed up alt tab and such u know the 1024 was a gigabyte i wanna say some kind of overclocked gaming ram.the 8600 was a 256mb. I will know for certain tomorrow afternoon if its the 9600 but my brother said it was roughly 110 or so with shipping i cross checked prices with 95/96 and price range fits the 96. sorry i didnt quite catch what you said thought u meant regular ram specs. not to certain of 8600 other than 256mb

Back