Nvidia 8600m GT and external monitor

Hello,
I've got a bit of a problem. I would really want to use new nvidia drivers for my GeForce 8600m GT card (it is required by some games) but I can't. I have to use old nvidia drivers because the newer one don't fully support my card according to my laptop's customer service (even if the driver description says its for my model).
If I install any newer than 179.48 my external monitor stops working properly: there is this static line on my monitor - it is across the whole monitor horrizontaly but only about 3 inches vertically and it moves from bottom of the monitor to the top (it makes the part of the monitor a bit shaky, though rest of the screen is ok) and the whole minitor flashes black screen every 15 seconds or so (sometimes more frequently sometimes less), it's like the monitor is reseting itself or something.
Customer service told me to only download graphic drivers from their site and they stopped updating it long, long time ago. They told me not to download from nvidia.com because if it won't work properly, which it doesn't, it's my problem.
The monitor works fine with 179.48 drivers and these drivers are actually from nvidia.com. The last drivers compal updated were from 2007 or 2008 (16x.xx - I can't check the exact version because every drivers for my model dissapeared from their site). The 179.48 from nvidia.com actually works better than the ones from compal site even though there is only small difference.
Do you have any ideas how to make newer drivers work properly?
My notebook is Compal FL90, I use Windows 7 64bit (I've tried different operating systems (Win XP, Win7 both 32 and 64 bit and Linux) and it only ran well on Linux (but I don't know which drivers Linux used since it downloaded them itself so it may have been some old drivers as well).
I tried clean install and any sort of settings in nvidia control panel (lowering resolution doesn't help, neither does chaning refresh rate). I've tried different monitor and different cable (I can only use VGA cable because neither monitor and laptop doesn't have any other kind of output/input)
I've recorded it on video if that may help:
http://www.2shared.com/video/mUZIG5Nx/static_line.html
http://www.2shared.com/video/oPm8Upo7/black_screen_flashes.html

Thanks for any advice

Back