Nvidia driver corrupt

hi everyone,

i m new here i hope someone will help me to solve this frustrating problem regarding my display driver...

System Spec:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Precision M60
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 651MB used, 1813MB available
Display Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1000
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

"""MY NVIDIA display Driver got corrupt every day"""

Problem started few days ago.
i turn on my Laptop, i saw windows loading screen n after that just Black screen i thought maybe logon screen takes time to appear but,
nothing happen i waited almost 20 min's then i restart it, i try again but nothing happen just Black screen again. again restart it! this time i try to go to safe mode it hanged there.
i restart it again, "Using F8" now i go to "Enable VGA mode" finally i can see logon screen n i can able to "log in"
but what i saw my screen resolution has been reduced to 16 bit " 800 x 600 " i try to change the resolution as i apply it again "black screen" n computer hanged. i waited for few minutes... but i have to restart my computer once again.
"i thought maybe display driver got corrupt"
so again go to "Enable VGA mode" Now i uninstall the display driver from Device manager n i restart it. this time i allow window to run normally.
i logged into window and screen resolution was very low.
i reinstall display driver n restart computer, n every thing looks nice, i thought problem is solved but i couldn't imagine that this will become worse!!!

Now every day when i turn on my laptop, same thing happened as i told above,n i have to do same process... "Enable VGA mode" n so on..........

plz help me, why every time black screen? n reinstall driver ? why its like that uninstalling n installing ??? wht's solution.
any recommendation Please help me !!!

thanks in Advance

Uninstalling the display driver through the Device Manager will not fix a corrupt driver. Every time you restart the computer Windows will just reinstall the same driver. Download a fresh graphics driver from Nvidia's website, uninstall the old driver from Add and Remove Programs, restart and install the new driver. See if that helps.

Uninstalling the display driver through the Device Manager will not fix a corrupt driver. Every time you restart the computer Windows will just reinstall the same driver. Download a fresh graphics driver from Nvidia's website, uninstall the old driver from Add and Remove Programs, restart and install the new driver. See if that helps.

Sometime, in funny way, no matter if you are upgrading or downgrading the same company card, but different model, sometime drivers will work on it own, and sometime it won't.

At the most of time, downloading the software from Nvidia will usually work on first time, even if you are using the old driver, it should be able to uninstall and upgrade to newest version from there.

If not, kudos to mailpup for his first post anyway :)

@Bestali, you can try to uninstall your nvidia drivers from safemode, and you should be able to boot to normal mode by using the generic VGA driver that your os can use for temporarily until you get the proper drivers from Nvidia.

In addition to above valuable comments, please ensure that you run Driver Sweeper after uninstalling your currently installed nVidia drivers, to get rid of any left over files from old driver(s). Once you have done that, reboot and proceed with installation of newest WHQL drivers.

ravisunny2, try it again. It works for me. It could have been a momentary glitch.

Back