Nvidia driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgenValdia

I recently reformatted my computer and started reinstalling drivers. I downloaded the newest driver which is 181.22 for my Geforce 9600 GT and restarted the computer. After it started loading it froze and the screen displayed a rectangular forms of black and white. Within these forms i could see different colored specks. I'm not sure whats going on. Any help would be great thanks.

Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 when asked, then see if you can uninstall the drivers, then reboot into normal mode and install the earlier drivers.

I have never heard that one before...

I checked the fan on the videocard and it is running also. I will try to download the version of the previous driver and see if it works. Thanks all for helping a inexperianced person and i will post again if it works/does not work.

If you have a store bought computer, its best to use their reset disk utilities because they should automatically contain your chipset drivers and stuff, if you just installed of a normal Windows disk you could have issues.

I did install chipset drivers first thing before anything else, as well as ran windows update. Also it is a home built computer, we built it about a 7 months ago.

Hmm, that could be problematic, i don't know...

Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 when asked, then see if you can uninstall the drivers, then reboot into normal mode and install the earlier drivers.
What happend when you tried safe mode? or have you not done that yet?

I did that and it worked, but now when i try to install any of the newer drivers from the Nvidia site I get the message,--Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware--

Well, we know what graphics card you have but nothing else.

Keep us guessing or provide the data.

What information do you need exactly, this is my first time posting and am not really sure what you all need. All hardware and OS I assume.

For this particular issue, operating system and motherboard make/model/version.

It may NOT help, but if I or someone else is going to research similar problems it is useful.

What information do you need exactly, this is my first time posting and am not really sure what you all need. All hardware and OS I assume.

1. Download and run (after booting into safe mode) DriverSweeper to make sure you've removed any bits and pieces of old driver

2. Info you provide should include hardware device id data. Best to Download and run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Still under Preferences click Report, uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report in plain text. Check items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)

I was able to finally dl the newest drivers for my video card after i reseated the card. Now i have another problem with restarts and shut downs while gaming. I created another post for this problem. Thanks everyone for you knowledge and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back