Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super and RTX 2060 Super Review

Ummmm, up too soon? Usually the video releases before the written review.
Anyway, still not what I was hoping for. The prices are higher/the same, and they killed the lower SKUs. Where's the $250 killer? You can buy an entire ecosystem (Xbox/PS4) for the price of the card alone...

Well, we can now say... good luck Navi. Very solid results, the RTX 2070 Super makes the 2080 a bad buy, only 10% slower but costing way less (500€ vs 800€ in my country).

RTX 2060 Super would be great with a 350€ price tag instead of the 400€. For 100€ more I would rather take the 2070 super wich seems to be an amazing card. Finally we have the kind of 1080ti performance on the 500€ mark, about time!

That's the name they came up with? Super?
'Speed Edition' or 'Ultra' sound more appealing IMO.

Ultra would have been a nice throw back, RTX 2060-70 Ultra would have sounded better than Super.

But then the RTX 2070 XC Ultra from EVGA would be the RTX 2070 Ultra XC Ultra? Not like calling it the RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra is any better really...

Last edited:
I find Steve's BOOST better than nVidia's SUPER, actually (not to mention Ti).
---
Ah, it wasn't Steve's invention, because "boost" suffix was already in use by nVidia earlier in "GTX 650 Ti Boost". Now expect "Ti Hyper Super Boost" for a fistful of $ more.

Last edited:
Couldn't RTX2xxx look like this to start with? And why does 2060S have to cost $399? Seriously nVidia.......

You can buy an entire ecosystem (Xbox/PS4) for the price of the card alone...
That is an absolute silly comparison. You can't compare a console to a PC. They might be made of similar parts these days, but they're in completely different leagues of performance.

Is anyone else tired of nvidia releasing new cards of the same architecture every 4-6 months? I have a 2070.....but I feel a little robbed with these new cards being released. what's next? the 2080ti super duper pooper scooper?

With the Benchmarks finally out Navi is DOA if they don't reduce price. The RTX 2070 Super is basically a GTX 1080TI with built in Ray Tracing for $499.. AMD your move.

Why are there no 4k benchmark comparisons? Every other site I visit does a 1080p,1440p, and 2160p benchmark comparison so why does Techspot only do 1440p?

With the Benchmarks finally out Navi is DOA if they don't reduce price. The RTX 2070 Super is basically a GTX 1080TI with built in Ray Tracing for $499.. AMD your move.

GTX1080ti is for DX11 games. It doesn't have anything new or exciting and is basically wasted money for gamers today. Insignificant.

Notice how these benchmarks aren't using frametimes..? It is because RTX2070 can't compete with 5700x... which means superturd.

I bought the 2080Ti simply because it seemed to be the best possible card I could buy.

But RTX rollout hasn't been handled well and besides being able to run 100% of software on the market in full details - I still haven't been able to justify the 2080Ti over my Titan Xp.

It's not even a whole year yet and you wanna throw these "Super" cards at us?

GTX1080ti is for DX11 games. It doesn't have anything new or exciting and is basically wasted money for gamers today. Insignificant.

Notice how these benchmarks aren't using frametimes..? It is because RTX2070 can't compete with 5700x... which means superturd.

What is this nonsense? The 1080ti is absolutely a DX12 card. Even the GTX 900 series was DX12 ready.

What is this nonsense? The 1080ti is absolutely a DX12 card. Even the GTX 900 series was DX12 ready.

Sorry, no your 1080ti can't not do asynchronous compute. It chokes on dx12 code...

NVIDIA GPUs as far back as Maxwell (900 series) were Direct3D feature level 12_1 compliant, so a 1080Ti is most definitely a DX12 card. At least going by DX12 specification. Not sure what you are using to determine which GPU is DX12 compliant.

The 5700XT hasn't launched yet so how do you know ? Going by AMD slides the 5700XT is on average 6% faster than a standard 2070. Let's be generous and say AMD have not used best-case results in their marketing and that 6% is exactly what we can expect with retail cards. That would still make the 5700XT slower than 2070S.

Not exactly on a roll with your comments :)

Back