Nvidia PNY PCI Express - Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details of my video card:
PNY 'VERTO' GeForce 8600 GT, 512MB video card.
PCI Express. (not 2.0).

I just got this video card today, along with my 1g RAM stick...

I plugged the RAM in, and rebooted the computer, everything worked fine.
I plugged the video card in the PCI Express slot (the only one that's available), and it doesn't work. "What exactly happens?" you might ask...

The card gently and smoothly inserts into it's seat, and clicks down as it should...

But when I plug everything in where it should go (and yes I put the monitor cord on the new video card), the screen tells me that it's not receiving a signal from the monitor. It tells me the Monitor is on, but it still doesn't work.

There is no 'beep' or anything. My power supply is perfectly sufficient.
I can't find the area in my BIOS that allows me to change my video display to on-board or PCIE(PCI Express).

Maybe i need to flash my bios? Update it? I have no clue, but my temper is flaring, and if i continue messing with it with no positive results... I'm going to break it.

So please help? :)

It just...don't...freaking...work.

Details of my computer:
emachines desktop PC
model- W3107

HALLLPP!!!

But when I plug everything in where it should go (and yes I put the monitor cord on the new video card), the screen tells me that it's not receiving a signal from the monitor. It tells me the Monitor is on, but it still doesn't work.

There is no 'beep' or anything. My power supply is perfectly sufficient.
I can't find the area in my BIOS that allows me to change my video display to on-board or PCIE(PCI Express).
Ok, you spelled everything right, thats a good sign :). Does you computer power up? Do lights come on and does your hard drive whirl to life?

Is there usually a beep? What exactly is your powersupply, its probably enough but...and there probably isn't an option in the bios, not for an emachine, so right now, I will blame emachines because their homo :p.

By the way, the 8600gt sux, just so you know, much better PCIE cards for the money. In the mean time, upgrading your BIOS could be good, though I don't know if emachines have any updates

Does you computer power up? Do lights come on and does your hard drive whirl to life?

Is there usually a beep? What exactly is your powersupply?

-Yes, my computer powers up.
-Yes, all of the basic lights come on such as (numb lock, caps lock, the little stupid Light around the 'e' for emachines, etc, etc).
-Yes my hard drive "WHIRLS! TO LIFE!"
-And no... There's not normally a beep.

Beeping generally represents a lack of powersupply to RAM, Processor, or Video Card. Duh :p

Anything else? lol.

Beeping generally represents a lack of powersupply to RAM, Processor, or Video Card. Duh :p
Yes i think so for an emachine, but most modern motherboards communicate in beeps, one beep at initial startup means everything is fine.

-Yes, my computer powers up.
-Yes, all of the basic lights come on such as (numb lock, caps lock, the little stupid Light around the 'e' for emachines, etc, etc).
-Yes my hard drive "WHIRLS! TO LIFE!"
-And no... There's not normally a beep.
So without the graphics card, everything starts up normally and with the graphics card, everything starts up normally except it doesn't do anything?

the screen tells me that it's not receiving a signal from the monitor
From the computer you mean? Well if everything is normal except the display, its almost definatly a graphics card issue. Also if the speakers are independent of your monitor, turn your computer on, wait a little, and try to login, even if you can't see. If your computer does make the login sound, it is defiantly something wrong with the graphics card. Make sure sound is unmuted and cables are in all the way. You may want to exchange the graphics card while you still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back