Nvidia raises the price of Founders Edition GPUs in Europe, officially

mongeese

Staff
In brief: Nvidia’s European websites have been updated with new MSRPs for the RTX 3000-series Founders Edition models. The GPUs are now priced 5-6% higher, or in monetary terms, from €20 to €100 higher. Nvidia hasn’t explained the change, so we’re left to speculate about it.

One likely explanation is the value of the Euro versus the American dollar has fallen nearly seven percent in the past year. Nvidia, an American company, could be adjusting its European prices by a corresponding amount so that they’re back in line with the American prices. It’s not a particularly common practice, but it’s not unheard of.

Old MSRP New MSRP Increase
RTX 3090 €1549 €1649 €100 (6%)
RTX 3080 Ti €1199 €1269 €70 (6%)
RTX 3080 €719 €759 €40 (6%)
RTX 3070 Ti €619 €649 €30 (5%)
RTX 3070 €519 €549 €30 (6%)
RTX 3060 Ti €419 €439 €20 (5%)

One GPU is notably absent from this table -- the RTX 3060. It had a price of €329 or £299 until a few days ago when Nvidia removed its European and British MSRPs from their websites. We’re not sure what that means.

This table doesn’t show the prices in pounds because the only change made to the UK pricing was a four-percent bump to the RTX 3070 Ti, which is now £549, up from £529. More increases might follow, though.

Consequently, small changes to MSRPs don’t matter. Most of these GPUs are being sold and will continue to be sold for more than double their MSRP.

Permalink to story.

It was to be expected...............
TSMC raised 10-15%
Nvidia raised 10-15%

Waiting for AIB's to raise and stores..........

And from now on I dont think the market will get back to pre pandemic prices for the next 10 years.
Who knows, only time will tell.
Just remember the flood and the HDD prices some years ago.

TSMC raised 10-15%
Nvidia raised 10-15%

And from now on I dont think the market will get back to pre pandemic prices for the next 10 years.
Who knows, only time will tell.
Just remember the flood and the HDD prices some years ago.
Scalpers increase 100%-150% lol 😔

I guess they don't make enough profit on those 2x to 3x MSRP prices, right?
On their entire lineup with official scalper prices, except the original 3080 which is now stealthy discontinued, right?

They are getting bankrupt and robbed if they don't raise by 5%-10% the MSRP, because why would nvidia do what they claim: "we care about gamers"... why would they actually do that?

Poor ngreedia! My heath aches in suffering for their suffering of not having enough $$$.😭

Does it even matter if there is only a token number of FE available if at all ?

I did not even know these were still sold in Germany as nVidia‘s own website has shown all FE models as ‚unavailable‘, I.e. does not even offer an availability check (unlike for the non FE models).

I couldn't get one even when they were briefly in stock. Scan UK is the official FE distributor to Ireland, despite the fact that they won't ship to Ireland since Brexit. Nvidia doesn't know or care.

Strange move given the severe setback Eth had just this Friday. But I'm sure Nvidia really cares about the gamers and it's not just doing that in the event that some of the gpu stock starts returning and prices come down to make sure they come down to a higher base price anyway they would *never* do a scumbag move like that...Right?...

Once Eth is not profitable anymore, hopefully coming soon, Nvidia's stock will take a 50% hit. Ok, maybe less, but here's my point: gamers that could afford cards have already bought them, so there's nobody left to buy their overpriced cards. And with recession around the corner, even fewer will afford them, so sales will stall. Maybe I'm having some wet dreams, but I will laugh my pants off if it turns out I was right and they will drop prices like crazy just to keep afloat.

Funny they are doing this, considering that at least in the US, they preferred to stop selling them at their own store at msrp and instead sell them directly to miners at increased prices.

But the rabid ones already posted excuses on their behalf.

TSMC raised 10-15%
Nvidia raised 10-15%
Why? Last I looked, nVidia uses Samsung.
Yup, they'll use any excuse.
Well, if Ethereum mining goes away this summer (I hope), then the market will be flooded with used cards for cheap.

With crypto value crashing, and several major countries who are considering banning crypto altogether, Nvidia are just about be hit hard when the secondary market gets flooded with used GPUs.

I suspect managing the market in this way and keeping the prices very high intentionally (or at least not reacting in less than a superficial way) is damage control for the rest of the year.

If my feelings are anything to go by, gamers are really bitter with the few breadcrumbs they've tossed us, seemingly for marketing points, rather than real value, I.e. LHR cards, telling us "gamers are important" when the opposite is true, this could be wonderful timing for Intel to come in and grab some of the pie.

When the prices return to "normal" all they'll have left with are annoyed gamers looking to jump ship.

The AI market for Nvidia may be about to dive too, seeing some initial intel benchmarks the fp64 performance is very impressive, something the Nvidia would treat as a premium feature.

Nvidia have achieved the state of Uber captialism, backlash imminent.

Let me fix that table for you

3060 TI - 861 EUR without VAT
3070 - 968 EUR
3070 TI - 1146 EUR
3080 - 1328 EUR
3080 TI - 1630 EUR
3090 TI - 2471 EUR
prices as seen today at vendors

I suspect managing the market in this way and keeping the prices very high intentionally (or at least not reacting in less than a superficial way) is damage control for the rest of the year.
As I see it, nWeedia keeping prices intentionally high is SOP.

I think there is no cause of concern with an increase in MSRP. The reality is that all the GPUs sold are already way above MSRP. For example, RTX 3060 Ti's MSRP is USD 399, but in reality, it is 2 or more times the price even if you manage to find one that is not offered by scalpers. The AIB partners have already applied a price premium on top of the MSRP.

And since the cards are out of stock and will continue to be for a foreseeable future. Who cares?

And AIB boards cost the double.

Back