Nvidia releases ForceWare 190.38 WHQL drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Following a recent beta release, Nvidia has delivered the WHQL-certified version of its ForceWare 190.38 drivers for all recent Windows platforms. As you might expect, the new drivers provide support for all of Nvidia’s latest GPUs, ranging from the old GeForce 6-series to the more recent 200-series desktop GPUs and the new ION GPUs.

Aside from the usual bug fixes and performance tweaks, the drivers include support for CUDA 2.3 and OpenGL 3.1, as well as several new control panel features. They also include user-controlled power management settings for the GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards, which enables Windows Vista and 7 users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application. You can read more about these changes in the official release notes (PDF) or pick the appropriate OS below to download.

Download: Windows XP | XP/2003 64-bit | Windows Vista | Vista 64-bit | Windows 7 32-bit | Windows 7 64-bit

Permalink to story.

I just want to get some small clearification on this that its for all nvida GPUs post 6-series cards?

I did a auto scan (device manager/right click video card, search for driver update) and it came back with no new updates.

Finally an update. I've been having trouble in almost all my games where after an hour or so I'll get a video driver not responding error and a subsequent crash. Been using the same nvidia driver since public beta. Hopefully this will make a difference.

190.38 drivers are causing my system to crash - Vista x64 O/S.

I've had to roll back to 186.08 for stability

These drivers are working well for me on Windows 7 64 bit with a 9800 GX2

Vista 32 bit, dual 8800GTX cards in SLI, system was always rock solid until I tried the 190.38 driver.
System crashed, screen got black, the only way out was to install the trusty 182.08 driver in safe mode...

Updated to the new drivers and straight away had a blue screen crash, had to system resore to get vista back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back