Nvidia releases GeForce 362.00 drivers for Far Cry Primal

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has launched a new set of GeForce WHQL-certified graphics card drivers, version 362.00, that bring support for a couple of games that are just about to hit PC.

The biggest game to be supported in these drivers is Far Cry Primal, which was released today on PC after hitting the consoles last week. The GeForce 362.00 drivers support all the necessary optimizations for a good gaming experience, including an SLI profile.

These new drivers also bring performance optimizations for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, which also launched today on PC. As a remaster of the original Gears of War, this game brings new graphical effects, such as Nvidia HBAO+ and support for 4K resolutions. Ultimate Edition is built using DirectX 12, so it requires Windows 10, and Nvidia suggests a GTX 980 Ti to play at 4K.

The 362.00 drivers include optimizations for the latest Dying Light update as well. This update introduces a new Nvidia-specific graphical effect called Percentage Closer Soft Shadows (PCSS), which has already been used in games like Grand Theft Auto V. Grabbing this new driver ensures that gameplay remains smooth while PCSS is enabled.

As usual, you can download the latest Nvidia drivers automatically through GeForce Experience, or alternatively you can grab a manual installer from our driver download section here.

Permalink to story.

Anyone else notice you don't have to be logged into GFE to get updates? Wasn't that supposed to be a thing?

Gears of War: UE seems pretty bad...
WCCFTech article
ExtremeTech article on more technical reasons
I was wondering if there was an SLI flag that was by some miracle added in the v362.00 driver? I'm super curious, but am not gonna download it just to find that out for no ultimate reason. I'm guessing there is none, hence the no mGPU support publications have already been posting about.

Everyone called me a doubter, getting my jimmies bustled up over nothing. Seems I wasn't wrong which is a shame...

Anyone else notice you don't have to be logged into GFE to get updates? Wasn't that supposed to be a thing?
It was supposed to start in December, so it never happened so far. It's sort of like how MS said they were gonna stop the "Patch Tuesday" phenomenon and push updates more frequently, but they still haven't changed a thing. Go figure :confused:

WCCFTech article
I was wondering if there was an SLI flag that was by some miracle added in the v362.00 driver? I'm super curious, but am not gonna download it just to find that out for no ultimate reason. I'm guessing there is none, hence the no mGPU support publications have already been posting about.

Everyone called me a doubter, getting my jimmies bustled up over nothing. Seems I wasn't wrong which is a shame...

People weren't going nuts on the Internet over a change in M$'s update cycle, but the GFE login requirements to get drivers had people reaching for pitchforks, so I don't see the similarities you do.

As for mGPU support, I don't think SLi/Crossfire has ever worked right in anything but Fullscreen mode. IF so, that's on M$, not nVIDIA. In fact, AMD may have better mGPU scaling, but nVIDIA has always had better support. FreeSync, Far Cry 4 and Dying Light immediately come to mind when I think about how slow AMD was to get proper Crossfire drivers out in a timely manner, so if it is on nVIDIA to include mGPU support, then it shouldn't take them any longer than a couple weeks to release a driver to enable it.

Last edited:
People weren't going nuts on the Internet over a change in M$'s update cycle, but the GFE login requirements to get drivers had people reaching for pitchforks, so I don't see the similarities you do.

As for mGPU support, I don't think SLi/Crossfire has ever worked right in anything but Fullscreen mode. IF so, that's on M$, not nVIDIA. In fact, AMD may have better mGPU scaling, but nVIDIA has always had better support. FreeSync, Far Cry 4 and Dying Light immediately come to mind when I think about how slow AMD was to get proper Crossfire drivers out in a timely manner, so if it is on nVIDIA to include mGPU support, then it shouldn't take them any longer than a couple weeks to release a driver to enable it.
I was just pointing out the similarity that they both announced major changes that neither of them followed through on.

And yeah, mGPU scaling is usually very bad in borderless fullscreen. It's usually equal to the performance of 1 card, or worse than 1 card. I'm curious over the whole issue though because MS claims, or something I read along the lines of that DX12 has support for mGPU integration with borderless fullscreen and that it's no different to work in than usual. Although I bet there's far more to it and it's not that simple so not sure.

WCCFTech article

AMD might not release drivers for every game that comes out but that's because they don't have to. Most games run well on AMD cards without a driver update. Those that don't are borked by Nvidia GameWorks and nothing can really be done about that.

I'd say FreeSync is better than G-Sync. I don't know how that is on your list of negatives.

Back