Odd system behaviour after Limewire install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends,

I was searching in google for a problem when I came across this site.

I am using win xp on a dell laptop. Everything was working fine till last night. I downloaded limewire pro and downloaded some songs n stuff. This morning I cannot open Task manager at all by pressing ctrl alt del. I even tried right clicking on taskbar, nothing works. I restarted my comp, still nothing.
I did virus check..no virusses.

The only way i can think is uninstall limewire and try it. But before doing it i wanted to know that is there any other way I can fix this problem, if its a problem of some sort.

PS: MSCONFIG is working .

I hope i gave all info needed..:)

Thanks Guys

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It would seem that you may have downloaded some malware on to your computer.

The trouble with p2p networks is , you don`t always know what you`re getting when you download something.

That`s why it`s better to go and buy the legit article, plus it`s legal.

Go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove trojans, and it`s ilk. and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Once you have done that. If you are still having problems, see How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

limewireis notorious for screwing with things, my daughter used it several times to get music, and I enjoyed the music. Everytime I had to format her C: drive and reinstall windows to get the computer working after a time. I am not going to say why this happens, I just know it happened.........

I said computer, and it was always the network that was screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back