Office picture manager default for pdf

hlratliff

I am trying to save a word document to pdf. I saved the document as a Word document first. Then tried to save as pdf. Somehow Microsoft Picture Manager has become my default. Same thing I have done a thousand times before. How can I get rid of this irritating problem?

If you are using Vista or 7, goto 'Start', then in the right hand part of the menu, click on 'Default programs'. Then click on 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'. Scroll down the list to '.pdf', click on it once to highlight. Then click on the box at the top , 'change program' and choose the program you want to use with pdf's.

I use windows 8 and I need to know the same. Somehow all my PDF documents converted to Microsoft Picture Manager. I need them back to Adobe PDF. PLEASE ASSIST ASAP!!!

Hi, It's much the same way as in my previous post.
Find any file ( on your PC) that you know to be a .pdf, right-click on it, and the last choice in the list is 'Properties', click on that one.
In the next box, look at the second section down, "Type of file: Opens with;" and then click on the box "Change".
Another box will open with all of the programs on your PC that will open a .pdf file, so then you just choose the one you prefer.
( I have found pdf x-change viewer to be very good.)

Back