Old GPU upgrade

milostuvic

Hi all happy holidays,

I have an old PC with an i3 2120 and and AMD HD 7770 1gb + 8 gb ram and 500gb hdd. Now I found an AMD RX560 2gb (by XFX) for around 110 USD. I use the PC for gaming and watching movies and play games like Wolfenstein Call of Duty PES Resident Evil... So far they run fine some at 1080p some at lower resolution.
Would that be a good upgrade?

Thanks in advance

There is a RX 560 4gb by MSI where I live for about 130 USD (I am not from the US I live in Europe) would the 2 extra GB be worth it? I think the 580 is to much for my system. (my CPU could not keep up and that extra power would be wasted)

Last edited:
Thanks, I will go for it I just can not decide if to get a 2 or 4 gb model. (Here the 4gb is about 40 to 50 USD more, the one I posted for 130 before was a RX550 sorry) And if I read correctly its TDP is 75w and that of my HD7770 is the same (75w) so I should be fine wit my current PSU. + I think this is the max my CPU will support (without it limiting performance in games)

Last edited:
Go with the 4gb model, 2gb these days is normal standard for gaming, if you wanted to play killer instinct or marvel vs capcom infinite.
Having that 4gb would benefit you in the long run, also yes that msi card will do, if sapphire and xfx weren't so expensive.
I would get one of those 2 because they out perform msi, gigabyte and asus cards directly.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Radeon...TF8&qid=1514295076&sr=8-1&keywords=msi+rx+560

Actually you can afford it, if you didn't buy yet, snag this up, hopefully the royal mail system delivers fast during the holiday seasons.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAPPHIRE-P...d=1514295173&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=msi+rx+560

if sapphire and xfx weren't so expensive.
I would get one of those 2 because they out perform msi, gigabyte and asus cards directly.
I doubt that, there is very little difference between name brands. In fact that difference can be manually configured with overclocking utilities.

Whatever you say I've had sapphire in the past before and I've seen how they operate now.
Sapphire does a better job in gaming and higher detailed graphics but I won't debate that with you.

Whatever you say I've had sapphire in the past before and I've seen how they operate now.
Sapphire does a better job in gaming and higher detailed graphics but I won't debate that with you.
As I said before the RX560 4 gb model is is 40 usd more (I live in serbia) U sure its worth it? I am not in a hurry to get it but it would be nice for the holidays. I just saved um some extra money for that. :) Thanks a lot already

Back