One key frozen, unwanted characters going wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 54947

View attachment 54948

HELLO,

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FO LOOKNG INTO MY PrOBLEM.

PrOBLEM
ONE OF MY KEYBOAD CHArACTErS - THE LETTEr r IS FrOZEN.

THOUGH I CANT USE THE LETTEr "r" FrOM MY KEYBOArD, THIS LETTEr EGULALY POPTHIS LETTEr FINDS ITS WAY INTO MUCH OF MY WOrK FOr EXAMPLE :-

EMAIL - IN THE MIDST OF THE EMAIL, THE LETTEr "r" APPEArS AND JUST APPEArS AND THEN FILLS UP THE SCrEEN. IT WOULD rUN CONTINUALLY IF I LEFT IT.

IT IS VErY HArD TO WOrK WITH THIS BUG CONTINUALLY

PLS HELP .... I A M rEALLY NEEDING YOU HELP !!

\

You are running an impossible number of processes! I'm surprised the system moves at all. If you want help do this:

Start> Run> type in msconfig> enter Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK everything except AVG (which need to be updated to v9) and Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe which is the process for the laptop Touchpad.

when finished cick on Apply> OK> Reboot: NOTE: you will get a nag message on the first reboot> ignore it and close it after checking 'don't show this message again.' Stay in Selective Startup.

Get rid of XofSpy:
Start> Run> services.msc> double click on XoftSpySE > change the Startup type to Disabled> Stop the Service.
Close the Services.

Follow the steps HERE. When you have finished, attach all 3 logs to your next reply..

frozen keyboard and unwanted character "r" spewing out of control

I have done as Bobbye suggested.

Here are the 3 logs.

thank you in anticipation

rohan cains

The problem is not due to malware. All 3 logs are clean. Please move over to either the Hardware or Windows OS forum for help with the stuck key.

Edit to add: I would like to mention however, that the HJT log shows no Services running. These would be the 023 entries. Since they appear in the first HJT log, it appears that you may have shut them all down. The computer will not run with all of the Services off and programs that are initiated by a Service will also not run.

You can remove the cleaning programs:
Remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created
  • DownloadOTCleanIt by OldTimer
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTCleanIt.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.

You should now set a new Restore Point to prevent infection from any previous Restore Points. The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the Restore Point a name then click "Create". The new Restore Point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Go to "Disk Cleanup" which can be found by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
  • Click "OK" to select the partition or drive you desire.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back