Ongoing BSODs driving me crazy!

Northwinds

Hi all
Hoping someone can help me fix this.
Desktop keeps BSOD ing a crazy amount of times.
XP Pro (32bit) and Win 7 Pro (64bit).

Old Gigabyte P35 mobo (typing this on laptop so will check model) with
E6600 CPU and
8GB RAM
128GB Samsung Pro SSD system drive

Last few days keeps crashing - been collecting system dumps like they're fashionable!
Tried updating everything on xp until I realised it started happening in Win7 too.
Ran memtest several times including overnight.
Reset BIOS to safe defaults
Reset HD6540 graphics card to defaults (thought that might be it but no!)

I get the idea it must be a driver and have been using "whocrashes" utility to check dumps but so far no solution.
I will post last few dumps from the affected machine if it will remain stable for long enough.

Help please!

Thought a couple fromthe Win 7 install might help by way of comparison

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
  • minidumps.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
Are the BSOD's new or have they been happening for a while? The compared minidumps are the same... Driver or memory?

The minidumps are suggesting that the memory or a driver may be the cause of the BSOD's, but the SSD may be failing instead

SSD is only a few weeks old so hopefully not that and I have memtested the ram - I am hoping it is a driver problem but not sure how to find which one.
Would you have any suggestions how I do that?
Many thanks in advance.

Is XP and Windows 7 fully updated using Windows Update? It is important to apply all updates and all the optional updates for Windows 7. Are you using XP so that you can use old programs or games? How much memory is installed? Windows 7 requires at least 2GB, but more is better...

I know Win 7 is up to date.
I just restored the xp re another issue and was installing the updates when the bsods started.

I've been trying bit by bit but the system keeps quitting.
There does seem to be a problem with .NET framework updates failing though.

You said you "restored" XP. How about installing XP fresh? Is this copy of XP Service Pack 3 or less? You didn't say how much memory was installed? Does XP activate properly? Why are you still using XP?

I was considering a fresh xp install but there are some files and settings I need to transfer from this restore first.
Sorry I thought I mentioned the RAM - 8GB (4x2GB - Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D)
XP activates fine.
There are still quite a few things I rely on xp for.

Ok, just done a backup of the xp partition to an external drive and am finishing a clean xp install in it's place.
Will run all the automatic updates and see if any more bsods - wish me luck!

Back