Multiple BSODs and errors

Hi all. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I posted in the wrong area.I am pasting here what I wrote in a previous forum, which I had no help with. So I decided to come here and ask. I'm having issues with my computer, to the point where it won't stay on for more than 5 minutes without giving me a BS. Here's to hoping it won't crash while I'm posting this.

I bought this computer through ascendtech.com about 4 months ago. It has been working completely fine up until now. Here are my current specs:

Operating System
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
AMD Phenom X4 9150e 107 °F
Agena 65nm TechnologyRAM
3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)Motherboard
Gateway RS780 (AM2) 114 °F

Graphics
DELL E193FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
512MB GeForce 9800 GT (EVGA) 115 °F

Hard Drives
625GB Seagate ST3640623AS ATA Device (SATA) 106 °F

I use Speccy, so sorry if that seems a little unorganized. I have been getting areas of System_(something), IRQL Not equal to or less, Memory_managment and a few others. At times, my computer will give me a random BS without giving me details of what's going on. I had a total of 4G's of RAM in my computer, since I know Quad Cores need a min. of that. I recently took out my 2 sticks of 512 Corsair XMS2 RAM. I've had the RAM ever since I bought my older computer 5 years ago from ibuypower.com Now here's the dilemma. I will get hardware problems detected with these sticks of RAM in them. I take them out, leave the other sticks of RAM that came from the manufacturer, and I get no problems. I woke up this morning to yet another day filled of BS's. Why I would get them after removing the older RAM, I don't know. But what I do know is.. is that the 512 Corsair is 800mhz. The two sticks in my computer are 1G and the other 2G. The 1G is 667mhz, the other runs at a lower speed. I was told by tech support on the phone, that this wouldn't cause on issue, but I've been told otherwise.

After running error scan on my computer, I came up with no errors on my hard drive. Ran Maleware bytes, did detect this:
Files Infected:

c:\program files (x86)\VlcPlus\uninstall.exe (Trojan.FakeVLC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\program files (x86)\VlcPlus\Extras\setuppagerage.exe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I'm to my breaking point.. Especially since I just bought this computer 4 months ago. I do all of my computer work online, and all of my other work online as well. I have been trying to send myself files through email to save work incase I need to reformat. Could anyone please help me? Called tech support 3 times and I was given no help. I figured someone here could give me advice. I have not tweaked anything in BIOS, as I have no idea how to do so, and don't like touching things I'm not familiar with. At this point, I may just as well reformat and down grade to Windows XP.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate. Everything was working perfectly fine until about 2 after install. I then got a blue screen with this message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFE20026546AF5
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002B9881A
BCP4: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072411-42057-01.dmp
C:\Users\Michelle\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80902-0.sysdata.xml

I have absolutely NO idea what that means and it would be great to have some advice as to what it does mean. It was a BS that said Page Fault In Non-Paged Area. I've done a google search on it and it keeps bringing up memory issues. I did also notice that when this happened, my computer completely locked up, my sound froze (I was listening to music) which sounded like it was skipping.. and wouldn't stop until the computer had officially reset.

I ran memtest86 on my computer last night and it did 13 passes with 953 errors. These errors immediately showed up after about 5 minutes into the scan. I left my 2G and 1G sticks of RAM in there. Should have individually tested each one instead of both at the same time.

I am at my wits end.. and I'm about to call this computer company to either tell them 1. Give me all brand new RAM or 2. Give me my money back. I've had this computer going on 4 months now.. and it should not be giving me errors. My computer I previously bought from ibuypower.com is a fantastic computer that never gave me errors, and is still running at this point in time. I just don't have it because I gave it to a family member for their son.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance -
Michelle

Hello Michelle,

1. Please go to c:\windows\minidump folder, and zip five latest dumps into one single file, then attach it with your next post.

2. Run memtest on each RAM module separately. Although if someone is having BSODs with Memory Management errors, there is a very good chance that the RAM of system in question is bad.

3. Mixing Different spec / voltage RAM is asking for trouble IMO. So to have a stable system at least ensure that whatever RAM you are going to place in a machine must be of same spec/voltage range.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will zip up the folder and attach it so that you can review it. Also, I have spoke with this computers Tech Support and they have told me that mixing different voltages with RAM would not cause this issue. But I've heard otherwise, and here.

My other Corsair sticks that came from my other computer are both 512 running at 800mhz. The only problem with that, is I don't know if Windows 7 and my processor will only run with 1G of RAM. I do all of my school work online, and do heavily video editing as well with AFX and Sony Vegas.

After sending the zip, I will test the memory one by one, as well as the older sticks.

I have spoke with this computers Tech Support and they have told me that mixing different voltages with RAM would not cause this issue.

That is utter non-sense, anyway, I would rather wait for the result of your memtest run.

I have tested windows 7 with 1GB of RAM, and it will work although a lot slowly with such low amount of RAM, so just to see whether your system remain stable or not I would suggest you to consider booting up your system with identical sticks of 512 MB RAM (once you have tested them with memtest).

Note: I need latest five (5) minidumps zipped and attached with your next post.

There is only 1 file in the minidump folder. I'm guessing because I've only had one BS. Just got off the phone (once again) with tech support and was told my computer warranty was only valid for 30 days after purchase. No option for replacement.

Please let me know if that was correctly zipped.

Attachments

• dmpfile.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 1
Although one can not definitively form an opinion from a single dump, but anyway, the one you provided also came back with memory corruption issue.

Please run memtest as I suggested in earlier post.

Right, that's what I was thinking as well. I have tested every single stick of RAM individually. It looks like my 2G was the one to blame. The others passed with flying colors. The other, well.. gave me 11520 errors within a few seconds.

Currently running 2G of RAM. Should be stable enough until I can get some more memory?

Back