Online game problems in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am new to tech spot so i hope i do everything correctly here goes i am having problems playing online games at places like gamehouse msn zone and real arcade when i cotacted my computer manufacturer which is dell they told me to click on the internet explorer reset button to reset internet explorer t the factory settings well that just mde everything worse the problem that i am having is that some of the games the kids and i try to play act "jumpy" or there is hesitation when you click to shoot a ball or to place a brick there is a lag between the time you click on the mouse and the time it actually does the action we only play simple games like collapse and zuma or games like dynomite real simple games. i am running windows xp service pack 3, internet explorer 7, the problems seem to start when we went from internet explorer 6 to ie 7 then it even got more jumpy and hesitant after the dell tech had us reset to factory settings. i have contacted the game sites and we have java shockwave direct x and all the requirements but no one seems to be able to help us please if anyone has any suggestions on how to get our computer to act as it use to with the online games we would be most appreciative i have also cleared the cache deleted temp files thaking yo all in advance and please tell me if i did anything incorrectly with this post thanks again, chnajesa

You might want to Google 'run on sentences'.

Why not just uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6 to start. See if that clears anything up.

Since you are hinting this is an on-line lag problem, you might want to try a 'repair' on your Internet Connection.

sorry about the run on sentences. Where can I find information on how to make a repair on my internet connection. I have run a ping test and connectivity test and both were fine. Last question. Where can I find info on how to go back to using IE 6. Couldn't find a download for IE 6 on Microsoft. I apologize for my lack of computer skills I am in my "Golden Years" and this is all so new to me. Thank you for your patience and suggestions.

Left Click start, control panel, network connections, Right click the local area network and left click repair.

Left Click start, control panel, Add or Remove programs, look for IE7, click it to uninstall. IE6 is all that will be left after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back