Open new page and lose old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how to describe this problem!! If i was on google search engine, and clicked on a site, then that site has a further link which i click and it opens in a new window....normally when you close that page..it will take you back to the first page where thelink was originally on....but mine is taking me out of the whole thing...so i have to go to google again and find the site again!!!!It is really annoying. PLEASE HELP!!!! It does it with hotmail as well, i will open an email, click on a link in it, normally when i close that page it takes me back to my hotmail emails, now it just takes me out of hotmail totally. I hope i have explained it properly. It started when i started using firefox. Thanks, Becky

so clicking the BACK ARROW goes nowhere?
If i arrow back both arrows go grey and wont go anywhere so i have to click right out of the page and i loose the first intitial page! I have gone back to IE for now because of it...now im having trouble with that, every time i try to go onto hotmail it pops up about activex, and i have to accept it every time befoire it lets me into hotmail!!!! Give me strength!!!! I would prefer to be on firefox for security, but i cannot cope with losing the pages all the time.

Hi Mike, it seems the 8 steps are for protection for my computer, i have all this. The problem lies with firefox because on IE i dont get the problem at all.

FF->Tools->Options
click Tabs and set open new page in new tab
click ok

Well if you want this fixed then do the 8 Steps. Will not hurt.

If I am wrong then you can laugh at me!

I would not have even posted if I did not know what I am doing!

Your choice, your Ball!

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back