Oprah's new movie list

JoanEB

I love movies - don't get to see too many of them in the theater - mostly rent them and watch on dvd. I think a great deal is lost this way. I love the large screen and large audio that you get in the theater.
Anyway, caught Oprah's show yesterday (rarely get to do that) and she listed 5 new movies that are must sees according to her
Revolutionary Road with Kate Winslet
The Reader with Kate Winslet
The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke
Doubt with Meryl Streep
Frost Nixon by Ron Howard
Ain't nothin' wrong with this list, ya think?
I haven't seen any of these, so I have a lot to look forward to,
If you disagree that they belong on the list of this year's great films, I would like to hear your comments, but please don't give away the plots - I still like to watch and make up my own mind about such things
JoanEB

I don't know of it is genre specific
I do know that they all seem to have more 'grit' to them than the usual 'chick flicks' I end up seeing with my gal friends.
I intend to break off the chick flick road for a bit and catch these for a change of pace.
I don't like sci fi, horror, or shoot-em-up movies, so finding something good to watch is not always easy, but it sure is always very satisfying

Frost Nixon was a great movie superb acting, I could show you where to watch it, if this doesnt get edited, lol.

did you know if you played all the applauding from all of oprah's shows in a row .just the applauding ,it would last for 3.28 years , fact!

Back