Oracle senior executive resigns after CEO joins Trump team

William Gayde

Staff

As President-Elect Donald Trump's inauguration on January 20th gets closer, Silicon Valley is preparing for the transition of power. We recently reported on last week's high profile meeting of tech executives at Trump Tower, where the attendee list was a who's-who of Silicon Valley. Among those at the discussion was Oracle CEO Safra Catz. One of the lone Trump supporters in Silicon Valley, Catz said she is with Trump and willing to help in any way.

Following the meeting she accepted a position on Trump's transition team. The move has caused some controversy because she intends to remain at Oracle. This was all too much for senior governance executive George Polisner who's been with the company on and off since 1993. He's publicly resigned from his position and released his resignation letter on LinkedIn. Calling Oracle a once great company, the letter is a direct rebuttal to statements made by Trump and Catz. Polisner, speaking to The Guardian, said he is not with Trump and is not here to help him.

Catz arriving for the tech summit at Trump Tower. Photo credit Getty/Brad Barket

Politics aside, resigning such a high profile position in a publicized manner over personal views is a very big statement. Polisner was most upset that Catz has decided to remain at Oracle while on the Trump team, citing a possible conflict of interest. Polisner voiced concerns about Trump using his influence and technology to help concentrate wealth and power.

"It’s a demonstration, a credible action as opposed to an expression of frustration," Polisner said. "Although from a personal economic perspective I’ve probably made better decisions!"

Since his resignation, Polisner has received support from other Oracle employees and those in the technology industry. He plans to focus on using technology as a tool for political discussion particularly among progressives. 

Permalink to story.

So much hate for the Trump...

And really, an Obama T-shirt? Obama is a proxy terrorist, so I don't trust anyone who supports him. Good riddance George Polisner. Oracle will find someone more mature than you since you think this little temper tantrum will prove a point.

You do realize that pointing out the hate for Trump and them calling Obama a "proxy terrorist" is pretty ironic, right?

Now if you have any links to prove that from credible sources, I would like to see them.

So much hate for the Trump...

And really, an Obama T-shirt? Obama is a proxy terrorist, so I don't trust anyone who supports him. Good riddance George Polisner. Oracle will find someone more mature than you since you think this little temper tantrum will prove a point.

You do realize that pointing out the hate for Trump and them calling Obama a "proxy terrorist" is pretty ironic, right?

Now if you have any links to prove that from credible sources, I would like to see them.

Well I've done a lot of research to find all this "hate" that Trump supposedly has, and I haven't found it. I've seen him say some stupid things, and I've certainly heard some sexist comments but I haven't seen anything to justify calling him a racist biggot. If you have some examples, please provide them.

As for Obama, his actions have demonstrated his support for terrorism. He has released so many known terrorists from GTMO and has allowed a massive influx of migrants to come in from countries where we know there is lots of terrorist groups. So his actions prove that he supports terrorism and, is therefor in my opinion, a terrorist by proxy.

Crying "conflict of interest" over the age-old revolving door of industry and government is about as phony as you can get. Over half of our US senators and Presidential cabinet members sit on the board of at least one fortune 500 company. If they want to pass laws that prohibit this obvoius corruption I'm all for it, but until that happens none of these clowns have any room to talk.

It's just really depressing to see how many big-name people traveled to NYC, hat in hand, to kiss Trump's ring.

One small difference, we now have reason to hate Obama, where as we haven't given Trump a chance yet. Lets wait 8 years and see if we still feel the same way about Trump.

One small difference, we now have reason to hate Obama, where as we haven't given Trump a chance yet. Lets wait 8 years and see if we still feel the same way about Trump.

Because you don't have reason to hate Trump? Here's a list of things why you should be against Trump, and that doesn't even cover everything

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

When Obama came into office the republicans did not once give him a chance. Give people a good reason to even give Trump a chance as he's not even in office yet and has already perpetrated worse than any President in US history, aside from drumming up support by dividing the nation.

The people hedging for Trump were doing so because he wasn't part of the system. No, he's biggest exploiter of the system and everyone who voted for him has been conned. He's already gone back on multiple promises like locking Hillary up and the wall that will now be a fence (which, by the way is what we already have in most areas that aren't already naturally protected).

Well I've done a lot of research to find all this "hate" that Trump supposedly has, and I haven't found it. I've seen him say some stupid things, and I've certainly heard some sexist comments but I haven't seen anything to justify calling him a racist biggot. If you have some examples, please provide them.

As for Obama, his actions have demonstrated his support for terrorism. He has released so many known terrorists from GTMO and has allowed a massive influx of migrants to come in from countries where we know there is lots of terrorist groups. So his actions prove that he supports terrorism and, is therefor in my opinion, a terrorist by proxy.

Racist and Bigot are two pretty different things. A bigot is a person who cannot stand the opinion of others that is different than their own. A good example of Trump being a bigot would be him yelling at the hamilton cast for talking to the vice-president or calling out the media for fake news nearly anytime he sees something he doesn't like. In fact him calling out the media for articles he doesn't agree with is the textbook example of bigotry and he is the only president to handle the media this way.

Here is a list of racial discrimination Trump has engaged in, complete with links to the sources.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

Can you provide examples of Prisoners in GTMO that were convicted and sentenced for serious crimes being pardoned by Obama? A good chunk of the prisoners there are held without a court hearing.

The people hedging for Trump were doing so because he wasn't part of the system. No, he's biggest exploiter of the system and everyone who voted for him has been conned.
Actually we got what we were voting for keeping the worse off Hillary out of office. As far as promises, when was the last time we ever received everything promised to us during a presidential campaign? Criteria for being a politician is to lie. We should have come to expect that, even with Trump or else he wouldn't have been made President. It's sad but the people of America don't want an honest President or we would have one nominated to run in the campaigns.

If this senior business minded oracle **** thinks resigning his post will sway more people to dump their job for having a difference in political views then maybe this person needs to go to cuba and plan his retirement there. It is easy to fill up that position from enthusiastic young people who can set aside their political views for the improvement and development of technology. I am glad this person is out.

Because you don't have reason to hate Trump? Here's a list of things why you should be against Trump, and that doesn't even cover everything

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

When Obama came into office the republicans did not once give him a chance. Give people a good reason to even give Trump a chance as he's not even in office yet and has already perpetrated worse than any President in US history, aside from drumming up support by dividing the nation.

The people hedging for Trump were doing so because he wasn't part of the system. No, he's biggest exploiter of the system and everyone who voted for him has been conned. He's already gone back on multiple promises like locking Hillary up and the wall that will now be a fence (which, by the way is what we already have in most areas that aren't already naturally protected).

When Obama came into office both the Senate and House of Reps were under Democrats control. Yet they got nothing done except Obama Care which is failing. I voted for trump, and I don't feel like I have been conned. As far as locking Hillary Clinton up, well, I would love to see her brought to trial, if for no other reason than to hear you liberals blubber and cry even more.
As an uneducated deplorable, I am looking forward to eight years of listening to you liberals crying, sniveling, wailing and going home to mommy (if you are not already there) with you thumb in your mouth begging to be breast fed again. Get over it.

You are way off base here. The republican establishment gave Obama everything he wanted to include ObamaCare. Trump had to beat the republican establishment as well as the dems in the election. One of the big reasons Trump won was because true conservatives were sick and tired of establishment republicans acting no different than dems. And please explain how he has gone back on multiple promises when he hasn't taken office yet. And no, there is no wall but there needs to be one. A big one.

The people hedging for Trump were doing so because he wasn't part of the system. No, he's biggest exploiter of the system and everyone who voted for him has been conned.
Actually we got what we were voting for keeping the worse off Hillary out of office. As far as promises, when was the last time we ever received everything promised to us during a presidential campaign? Criteria for being a politician is to lie. We should have come to expect that, even with Trump or else he wouldn't have been made President. It's sad but the people of America don't want an honest President or we would have one nominated to run in the campaigns.
That's honestly just sad if those are your true feelings. I pity you.
FYI Trump lost the popular vote. He only won on a technicality.

Are you disagreeing with all successful politicians lie? Are you suggesting Hillary is honest? I voted for neither, precisely because I trusted neither. If you are that gullible, then that is just sad. I pity you.

Are you disagreeing with all successful politicians lie? Are you suggesting Hillary is honest? I voted for neither, precisely because I trusted neither. If you are that gullible, then that is just sad. I pity you.
no, politicians lie. there are plenty of examples. I have no idea how you reached the conclusion that I am disagreeing with that. I just pity those who think that it's normal. I am neither naive nor stupid. apathy is the problem, people just accept it as fact and don't care about it nor do they want to change it.

you don't need to pity me since you have no reason to do so. you should pity the americans who voted and even though they were in the majority still lost.

Don't turn this website into some tacky anti trump nonsense . If it goes that way I will just stop using the website.

Racist and Bigot are two pretty different things. A bigot is a person who cannot stand the opinion of others that is different than their own. A good example of Trump being a bigot would be him yelling at the hamilton cast for talking to the vice-president or calling out the media for fake news nearly anytime he sees something he doesn't like. In fact him calling out the media for articles he doesn't agree with is the textbook example of bigotry and he is the only president to handle the media this way.

Here is a list of racial discrimination Trump has engaged in, complete with links to the sources.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

Can you provide examples of Prisoners in GTMO that were convicted and sentenced for serious crimes being pardoned by Obama? A good chunk of the prisoners there are held without a court hearing.

Posting a huffy article isn't proof. I guess I'll have to do more research but I particularly like to look for video of said person saying the offensive thing in question.

As for GTMO I've seen video of Obama discussing his intentions, but I'll have to see if I can find it. I will come back later and post my findings, even if they prove me wrong.

Now I notice you didn't mention anything about migrants... Do you agree that is true?

The electoral college is not a technicality. It was built into the system to prevent exactly what would have happened without it. Without California and New York Hillary loses by 3 million votes. The electoral system was put in place to prevent population centers from determining the fate of an entire nation. Look the the voting map of the U.S. It is almost completely red. Even California is half red and New York is almost all red. Thank God for the electoral college or the fate of this nation would be in the hands of whiny SJW's.

Last edited:
no, politicians lie. there are plenty of examples. I have no idea how you reached the conclusion that I am disagreeing with that. I just pity those who think that it's normal. I am neither naive nor stupid. apathy is the problem, people just accept it as fact and don't care about it nor do they want to change it.

you don't need to pity me since you have no reason to do so. you should pity the americans who voted and even though they were in the majority still lost.
So it was the "worse off Hillary out of office" part that made you pity him? If you honestly think Hillary was a good choice, then there's no help for you, as you've buried your head in the sand.

This obsessive, mewling hand-wringing is getting so old. Grow a pair, man-child. We need to move forward - and if this is your idea of how to deal with a situation not to your self-obsessed liking, then Oracle is well rid of you.

Back