Outlook and Gmail

sonic barracuda

I am having a new problem with Outlook and Gmail. I've set up hundreds of email accounts in various formats but this one has me stumped.

I use MS Office 2010/Outlook. Just recently, without anything having been changed, Outlook cannot connect to my gmail account. I constantly get a pop-up asking for my username and password for my gmail account. And I enter it but it keeps failing. So I tried removing the gmail account and reinstalling it but to no avail. It never passes the test message.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to solve this problem? One odd thing I noticed is that my pst file for gmail is huge. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Disregard

I fixed the problem. I don't know why but I went in and changed the password for gmail, unchecked/saved/checked/saved Pop email. Then removed account from Outlook, reinstalled with new password and it works.

I fixed the problem. I don't know why but I went in and changed the password for gmail, unchecked/saved/checked/saved Pop email. Then removed account from Outlook, reinstalled with new password and it works.
that sometimes happens for bizarre reasons and you found THE solution.
One odd thing I noticed is that my pst file for gmail is huge. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Clearly not, however ...
Outlook has a bad architecture - - all the folders (Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks and email) ALL fit into one file! That design WILL guarantee that the PST will grow over time.

I use Outlook too, but not for email; Use some other email client like Thunderbird which saves email folders as separate files (which can be managed).

Suggest you then google for "archiving outlook data" like this or automatically by date.

Back