Outlook Express problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpw

Not sure where this belong if this wrong place please remove.

I was trying to put my emails stuff into window live mail and most of it i could but but the sent email that show what i emails i sent was it showing so i decide to stick with useing outlook. I see every thing but sent email now in outlook express but when i go to my computer and open my outlook express email. I see alot icon i see sent items .dbx the file is 112 mb. In their but can really open it almost seem like i need import this file in outlook any body have any ideas how to fix this. I trying importing it but it hard to fine when i try to import from outlook express and when i do it say some thing like cant because outlook open some thing like that so if some one can give step by step and i am useing outlook express 6 thanks. iF YOU HAVE ANY INSTANT MESSANGER CAN I GET YOUR USERNAME AND WHICH ONE THANKS.

I think this recent thread will help you: Outlook Express database repair tool

Or try this:

By right clicking and selecting "Save As" Download this small TOOL (this is safe to use)
Fully close Outlook Express

Run the newly downloaded "open_oe_store.vbs"
When the folder opens
Right click on "Sent Items.dbx" and select rename
Type in SentOLD.dbx (actually the name doesn't matter)

Close the folder
Open Outlook Express

Is it now OK ?

By the way, from doing the above "Sent Items" DBX Folder inside Outlook Express will be totally new (with nothing inside of it)

So i wont get my sent message back showing in outlook express if i do above. Also just case you did it understand i seen the sent box in outlook just messages inside of it not their no more when i try to import all my stuff to window mail.Imported every thing but i did it see my sent messages in window mail so i thought they was still in outlook but i dont see my sent message but see sent box and i still you my inbox email so i dont see why it would delet sent message and not out messages so i think i have to maybe re import them maybe like i said i see under my computer in outlook folder i see sent item icon that is 112 mb so i think it still their.

I dont think i want delet sent folder i want get my sent message to show back on outlook express
Time wise, I'm not sure when the above was posted. It was a reply to a PM.

tpw, IF the Sent Box Store Folder is corrupt, you are going to have to remove it and let OE create a new one.112Mb is a huge amount of data to try and export/import from OE to Windows Mail. Try the repair kimsland has offered.

I will suggest that if you want to keep specific emails-received or sent-that you copy them and move them out of OE/WinMail- paste to Wordpad and save.

I think i might found another way to fix this i come back and let you all know thanks.

Well, I see you edited your post where you said you wouldn't have anything left on the Sent store folder. I would have asked you what good it is doing you now since you can't get into it. If you find a fix, be sure and let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back