Outlook keeps trying to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows xp pro, i recently had my hard drive wiped and reloaded with xp pro, now every time i try to use my printer hp1215 psc, windows tells me - please wait while windows configures microsoft outlook 2003, then asks me for the path to information to install.

All of outlook 2003 is installed on my computer and all updates are upto date, if i click cancell on the install box, the boxs closes then immediatly starts doing it again.

I get the same problem if i try to open the hp software to scan documents the program loads then when i start scanning documents the box pops up again, please wait while windows configures microsoft outlook 2003.

The problem i have is ai dont have a disk but i should be able to run this from my computer, but where would i find the files??

Please help

Andy:confused:

All the MSI files (that are on the Setup CD) are not stored on your computer, sadly.

You will need the disc (that you don't have) to uninstall, then re-install Office 2003 with

'dont have a disk'

Which disk do you not have? A Genuine XP Pro disk ?
No i dont have a xp pro disk, my computer had to be completely wiped because of a virus and xp was reloaded by a local IT firm, i have my windows holgraphic sticker and long instal code, but no disk. Is there any work around? all of outlook works correctly, it just pops up all the time, i have to click cancel about three time in succession before it eventually disappears, then everything works fine. Irrating more than any thing

Use Outlook Express instead! (you can disregard that, if you like :) )

Anyway, you just need to re-install Office with the same version Office that's installed on your computer (Office 2003)

I can't see another option

Hmm good post CCT

I'd like to know if the Start menu--> Programs group (normal shortcut) works too

One possibility to start with

If you have a legitamite XP CoA and Product Key:
YES its a totally legitamite install, i suffered with the problem BEFORE they wiped my hard drive as well. And when i picked it up i pointed this problem out, at which point the engineer slapped the Big shiny Gold xp install disk in my machine and it obviously found the piece of software it needed. then we closed outlook down and restarted it and everthing was fine. But the same problem has come back

andyprom please try CCT's first link, and let us know the outcome
It's quick, and you don't need your CD

Oh you replied at the same time as me

You should order the replacement disk then.

Additionally, you could try uninstalling the printer and rebooting and re-installing (drivers are installed BEFORE connecting the USB cable).

HP has a handy dandy removal guide to clean up HP's messy install stuff - some folders will remain but those you can delete manually.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=90764&rule=34841&lang=en

edit: HP has this tool also; http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-11696-6

You should order the replacement disk then.

Additionally, you could try uninstalling the printer and rebooting and re-installing (drivers are installed BEFORE connecting the USB cable).

HP has a handy dandy removal guide to clean up HP's messy install stuff - some folders will remain but those you can delete manually.

I thought it may have something to do with the printer as it constantly happens when ever the printer is involved, all other aspects of 2003 works fine, even the printer asks me for the HP disc sometimes and i just click cancel and carry on. I looked on the Microsoft site to order a cd, but cant find it, does any one have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back