Overclocking a GTX 770

If you want a very good overclock on a 770, you will need a GPU with a custom PCB and 2, 8 pin connectors (recommended). I recommend the MSI GTX 770 Lightning. The Gigabyte GTX770 3x Windforce is also pretty good but lacks the 2, 8 pin connectors that the lightning has. Keep in mind that some of these cards are factory overclocked and dont have much more breathing room for OCing unless you watercool. Also, OC a GPU too a very high level can lower its lifespan considerably.

Is this one any good?

You know what I need some advice, I'm thinking going for a 770 might be a bit overkill.

I just don't know what to get :/

if u think the 770 might be an overkill just list us the games u wish to play at what resolution system specs and someone can easily recommend u which to buy u could even go for a lower card if u dont play on 1920x1080

I do play on 1080. I curently have an i7 3770, 16gb 1600mhz ram, and a hd7850.

I want to be able to play skyrim and fallout 3 fully modded with ENB on maximum settings, currently I get 25 - 35 fps (due to K ENB Kountervibe being so good visually). But I want 60.

I do play on 1080. I curently have an i7 3770, 16gb 1600mhz ram, and a hd7850.

I want to be able to play skyrim and fallout 3 fully modded with ENB on maximum settings, currently I get 25 - 35 fps (due to K ENB Kountervibe being so good visually). But I want 60.

if ur going for a 770 just for those two u should switch your ideas a gtx 760 will pull that off easy and u would save up some money

this is a youtube video of a enb skyrim note this is a normal gtx 760 sc which is a 2 gig version but the mods do bottleneck on the video memory so it isnt really recommended u could switch to the 4 gig gtx 760 video memory but then the price would be so high that I would just recommend a 770 from the start

Well, you have a lot of options. Here are some suggestions:
1) Get a Radeon HD 7950 or 7970
OR
2) Get a EVGA GTX 760 ACX
OR
3) Wait till AMD releases their next gen card in October (being revealed Sept. 25).

Well, you have a lot of options. Here are some suggestions:
1) Get a Radeon HD 7950 or 7970
OR
2) Get a EVGA GTX 760 ACX
OR
3) Wait till AMD releases their next gen card in October (being revealed Sept. 25).

or he could wait for gtx 760 ti?
+ if u see some benchmarks jc u would note that the games he wishes to play with the mods require more then 2 gig video ram that would be bottlenecking he needs a 3gig + Vram the 760ACX wont cut it

Is this one any good?

You know what I need some advice, I'm thinking going for a 770 might be a bit overkill.

I just don't know what to get :/

My bro just got that card and runs the mods you speak of, I can guarantee that card will do it, It also is quiet and can be overclocked a little bit, not far but enough to make a considerable difference if you need to, I don't have the exact numbers on me but on the heaven bench mark it increased the score a good 100 without pushing the overclock too much.

If you have the money, go for it, it'll last you a little longer than the 760 and in most benches I've seen the 670 was able to beat the 760 (although only by a couple of frames) anyway and is pretty much the same price.

or he could wait for gtx 760 ti?
+ if u see some benchmarks jc u would note that the games he wishes to play with the mods require more then 2 gig video ram that would be bottlenecking he needs a 3gig + Vram the 760ACX wont cut it

The GTX760Ti may never come out.

My bro just got that card and runs the mods you speak of, I can guarantee that card will do it, It also is quiet and can be overclocked a little bit, not far but enough to make a considerable difference if you need to, I don't have the exact numbers on me but on the heaven bench mark it increased the score a good 100 without pushing the overclock too much.

If you have the money, go for it, it'll last you a little longer than the 760 and in most benches I've seen the 670 was able to beat the 760 (although only by a couple of frames) anyway and is pretty much the same price.
Yeah it is interesting how they lowered the core count in the 760.

The GTX760Ti may never come out.

Yeah it is interesting how they lowered the core count in the 760.

Well I just benchmarked the game myself on the gtx 660 maxest there is graphics on fps was 45 fps average but its o n 1366x768 I could estimate probably 30 fps on 1920x1080 the 760 cuts it but u wont get downright perfect fps maybe

I have a 650w PSU, is that enough for a 770?
Plenty!

My bro uses a 750 watt but monitored from the wall it only draws at max, 350 odd watts and that includes a 2600k, p67 motherboard, 2 hdd's, an SSD, H60, wireless card and a few other bits and bobs but to be fair, at 1080p things like battlefield 3 doesn't make the card and CPU sweat all that much which is what we were testing on so its not a true representation.

A 750 is Plenty for most systems, it is normally blown out of proportion how much power you need to run a system. A gtx 770 is a great card and wont break the bank the bank in needing a high end PSU to handle it, heck with a 650 watt, you could even SLI 2 of those without too much worry (Though to be safe, I would at that point still recommend a 750). My old (Well 2 years now) Antec 750watt was able to power a Phenom II X6 1100t, a HD 6990, and 3 HDDS plus a Antec Kuhler920 without too much sweat, so you should be fine!

Back