Overclocking AMD FX8320 Black Edition 8 Core 3.5ghz

kev ward

Hi

I have 2 part question and have being surfing the web to get the info on firstly what is the highest overclock that be achieved safely on Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard using the AMD FX8320 8 core 3.5GHZ cpu?

The second are there any step screenshots around or instructions, I have viewed various on ytube and say use AMD overdrive, core temp and also AI Tweaker which came when motherboard.

I have tried various and run the stabilty test for hours and days but havent found the correct formula as yet.

I running Hyper X Predator which is 1866MHZ can anyone help

cheers

What type of cooling are you using for the AMD FX 8320? Are you using the air cooling that came with it, an aftermarket air cooler or water cooling? You will vary on max stable overclock depending on what you are using to cool the CPU, the CPU itself and the motherboard capabilities.
Also, there is no set instructions for overclocking your CPU. Each CPU will have a different max overclock versus stable overclock. It is a game of trial and error. There are some good guidelines and reccomendations. One that I followed for my AMD FX 6300 was: AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide.

Thanks for getting back

I am using ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 would that suffice to do the job?

I will check out the guide that you have listed

Back