Overheating video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirelly sure what card it is but when I play a game after about 5 minutes the screen goes black and the computer cuts off. We deduced that it was the video card overheating but i'm broke and don't have acess to many computer parts so what can i do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

If you look at device manager in My Computer > Manage (may be different depending on OS) you can see what kind of card it is. Does it have a heatsink and fan? Are you sure it's not the CPU overheating?

In Windows 7 right click on the "Computer" icon and click on "Manage" on the menu. Click on Device Manager then Display Adapters. There are other ways to get to the Device Manager. This is just one of them.

Manage (may be different depending on OS) you can see what kind of card it is. Does it have a heatsink and fan? Are you sure it's not the CPU overheating? Click on Device Manager then Display Adapters. There are other ways to get to the Device Manager. This is just one of them.

I'm not entirelly sure what card it is but when I play a game after about 5 minutes the screen goes black and the computer cuts off. We deduced that it was the video card overheating but i'm broke and don't have acess to many computer parts so what can i do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

When you say "cuts off" is it just going to black,restarting, or just powers off completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back