Overheating when I play Minecraft

Dat1Gamer

Hey guys im using my laptop to play minecraft and it overheats like 20+ times a day here is a screen shot of CoreTemp

Attachments

• CoreTemp-Scr.png
    CoreTemp-Scr.png
    35 KB · Views: 10
Try another program just to make sure the measurement is correct, I recommend RealTemp. Core temp is still a Release Candidate and could be glitchy.

Hmm. There may be an issue with the sensors. Do you notice the PC is working hard to cool your PC and is the air very hot?

Hmm. There may be an issue with the sensors. Do you notice the PC is working hard to cool your PC and is the air very hot?
Yeah it is the air will heat my room in a couple of hours of playing minecraft and the fan is running at 2000RPM all the time

Okay right now im idling at 50-65C Running UTorrent, Spotify, Skype, My minecraft server, FireFox,

I idle at about that temp. I am not on my laptop right now, so I cannot see my temperatures in game, but 70C seems normal for gaming on a laptop.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine. When you say "overheats like 20+ times a day", what do you mean? Does it turn off? Or you're just getting these high temps?

Laptop GPU at 80 and CPu at 70 is normal while gaming.

Honestly it's quite common to feel heat like that in a laptop when you play a game. It's not overheating or something. It's just laptop.

Well when im using skype and firefox it gets up to 101C and then shuts off.... glad im building a pc soon

That is not right. 101C? You may have a virus or something on your machine that is using a lot of CPU power. There is actually a virus going around on Skype that uses a ton of CPU power. Are you using realtemp?

Back