Page fault error + other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My computer is crashing on me daily, even when idle. I read a similar thread on this site that seemed real close to my problem(s).

I get Page Fault errors

I get Error code 00000050, parameter1 e7bf87fa, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 8054b51a, parameter4 00000001.

I have attached my most recent dump file. I would like to know what it contains. I don't know how to read a dump file (what program?). They open coded with WordPad.

On a side issue this particular computer though full of goodies is a real dog. A $500.00 Pentium 4 set up runs circles around it. This problem machine includes:
Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
Intel Pentium D dual core 3013 Mhz x 2
4 gig of ram
Nvidia GTX8800 768 meg graphics card

It should rock but it is a dog. (I do have two power cables properly hooked up with the right cables and the dual source power supply to run the graphics card. It seems OK).

Any help i can get with any these things would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Data

MiniDump063008-02:
BugCheck 50, {e7bf87fa, 0, 8054b51a, 1}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+23a )

This is a Driver Fault now from what I've found out about that it is a Windows process it may be a virus but not sure.
It should execute from here normally according to some sites: %windir%\$hf_mig$\KB890859\SP2QFE or
%windir%\Driver Cache\i386
Other than checking it as a virus i'm not sure what else it could be. Someone else may be able to help better
Also to read .dmp files follow this link and download the program either 32 bit OS or 64 bit OS. All setup instructions and other instructions can be found on there as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

0x50 errors can be caused by faulty RAM, incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited is a core Windows driver which is too general to help but often shows up when hardware issues are the culprit.

Run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you have any errors you must replace the faulty RAM.

Edit: Try running with 2 gig of RAM before running MemTest and see if that brings stability. XP will never utilize 4 gigs.

Thanks Woody. I downloaded the debugger and set up the symbol path so good to go reading the dump file.

Thanks 44, I would like to try that. How do I run a memory test on my ram? Do I do that in dos?

Download the utility memtest86 and burn it to CD i think you have to burn it as a image but not sure. If i use memtest it's on a Linux (Ubuntu) disk which i got through post.

If you burn it to a CD your CD/DVD drive must be first bootable in your BIOS. Reboot with disk in drive. The test will take over; let it run and read a book, etc. This takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back