Page Fault In Non Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasisAthens

Hi my friends...I was wondering if you can help me with a problem that i have...
I have some BSOD's that says PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. I have the mimidump file and i was wondering if anyone can figure out something about my problem.

Does anyone has any idea or can read the minidumps ? And i am very curius what is causing this problem all the sudden...Please help me :)

Both minidumps cited 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA which results when requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Both times wrong symbols was noted and therefore unreadable plus ntoskrnl.exe was mention and this is a good indication that you have corrupted memory.

So I suggest you run MemTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes and if you have any errors you have RAM that needs to be replaced.

www.Memtest.org

I have runned memtest for 7 passes and no errors has occured. How can i test L2 RAM cache or video RAM ? Is there any chance this problem releated with ZONE Alarm Firewall ?

Also i want to say that i has having IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL problems in the past that was comming from RAM, so i replaced my RAM and MOTHERBOARD (It was defective some how and every RAM set i was putting on was going bad.). So after spending a lot of money suddenly i am having problems again. Different problems but problems still.

My computer configuration is :

Intel Q6600, GIGABYTE GA-X48-DQ6, 2x1 GB RAM CELLSHOCK 1066 Mhz, ATI RADEON HD2900 512 MB, BELKIN N1 PCI CARD, CREATIVE AUDIGY 2 PLATINUM EX, 1x WD RAPTOR 150 GB, 2x WD 500 GB, 1x WD 320 GB, 1x PLEXTOR PX-750A, 1 ASUS DVDRW.
For antivirus i use NOD32 and Zone Alarm for Firewall

Here is some more minidumps :

And p.s. thanks for all the help :)

Sorry for the delay but we had a very powerful Nor'easter come through yesterday and it knocked my power out for over 24 hours.

All five of your minidumps were unable to load the correct symbols and all five listed Core Windows OS drivers. 4 out 5 cited NDIS.sys and I want you to read the following link: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/570116-solved-ndis-sys-error.html

I suggest the following:

1. Run ChkDsk

2. Run a full harddrive diagnostics

3. Scan for viruses, etc. By the way, excellent choice of antivirus.

What is your motherboard chipset?

You may need to do a Windows repair, but lets see what happens after you do the other steps.

Driver cited vsdatant.sys which belongs to Zone Alarm. You asked in an earlier post if it might be related to this product. Did your BSODs occur after you installed this?

I cannot really tell this because is one of the first programms i installed in my computer. So my computer was running only about 2-3 hours with fresh install of OS and then i installed it. I am using this firewall since i can remember and i don't know any other firewall that is good or better than this. Is it possible the problem is caused by Zone Alarm ? Should i remove it ?

Also i runned chkdsk with 2 ways : Throught DOS and throught O&O Defrag 11. It seems that it some point it says Unexpected error has occured. S.M.A.R.T. tells me that my HD is ok.

First, disable your firewall and see if you get any more crashes.

Online Armor free is a good one. Some like Comodo which is also a free firewall.

I would run a full harddrive diagnostics. That error warning concerns me. Your HD manufacturer will have a free utility.

WD makes a great utility. Oasis, just wanted you to know that I have to leave town this evening and I won't be back until late Saturday evening. I didn't want you to think I am ignoring/forgetting you.

It didn't cross my mind my friend...:)

So WD Diagnostics in extended test it says success...So i guess no errors - bad sectors was found right ? If so why chkdsk says unexpected error ?

It could be it is with your file system. There is a way to to do chkdsk /r for repair (notice the space between the k and the /r. Look online on how to do it.

If WD found bad sectors it will tell yo a) either it found and fixed or b) was unable to fix.

I have installed COMMODO Firewall as you suggested and i removed Zone Alarm. So far everything is okk. Of course is too soon to say if my problem is fixed. I want to ask you that with zone alarm i had some alerts about some applications and a number of blocks on my log. So far COMMODO hasn't blocked anything. Also i have azureus installed and i didn't configure any port open in commodo but as i test my port with azureus it says that its open...Is that nomral ? Shouldn't the port supposed to be closed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back