Page Fault In NonPaged Area while downloading with uTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dear experts,

Well my problem is quite simple but I just cannot figure out whats the issue.

While downloading anything with uTorrent I get this blue screen : Page Fault In NonPaged Area after 2-5 minutes. If I don't download anything, the bluescreen doesnt come up.

I did alot of RAM test with tools such as MemTest, Windows Memory Diagnostic, GoldMemory...no error at all. I also tried switching my memory sticks and I'm still getting this BSOD. BTW it occurs with ANY torrent client. Except with Linux, I never get this blue screen while downloading via a torrent client.

I would really appreciate your help guys, it is really annoying...

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

As you can tell bythe above description there can be many causes both hardware and software. uTorrent is from what I understand fairly reliable but not everything on uTorrent is safe. ;)

What antivirus are you running?

But I recently format my whole computer and reinstall a fresh Windows Vista Ultimate. First thing I did, I installed all the lastest drivers for my motherboard/GPU. I then installed uTorrent and start downloading and...BSOD. So I guess AVG is not the issue...

Actually AVG is causing a lot of headaches for people. When you did a fresh install did you also reinstall AVG?

If you did go to AVG's website and download their removal tool. Next uninstall AVG as you would normally any software. Then use the removal tool to make sure anything AVG is fully cleaned out.

Reboot. Are you getting any more BSODs?

If you didn't reinstall AVG then attach your five most recent minidumps:

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

I've uninstalled AVG, still getting the BSOD...I'm 'generating' some BSOD right now with uTorrent so I'll attach them here when I'll have 5.

BTW thanks alot for your help and fast response.

Hi again,

I have solved my problem !! In fact it was really strange and I can't find the exact answer...I started some downloads with uTorrent on Windows, then I decided to install Linux so I resumed my downloads with Deluge, then I switched back to Windows because of compatibility issues with Linux. Guess what...Here was the issue, its like Linux doesn't download 'the same way' as Windows...I found this out because I decided to restart my downloads (delete everything and start over), and it worked !!! 24 hours non stop downloading and no BSOD. Thats kinda strange...very strange in fact. Do you have a clue about it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back