Paint cannot read this file this is not a valid bitmap file or its format is not curr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have scanned an image into my computer. All worked fine. I opened it in photo gallery and in paint to do some editing. I saved it. Now I get this error message whenever I try to open the image in any program. It shows that it is saved as a jpg. I have tried mnay different images and the same thing keeps happening. Any advice would be very helpful. I am using a newer laptop (as of jan.2008) with Vista

I'd run chkdsk (its the same as right clicking on your hard drive, properties, then one of those tabs lets you 'check disk' or something) you'll probably have to reboot to let it do its thing. I'd be more specific, but I presume you are using XP and I haven't used that in years so I forget exactly the pure step by step, but my directions should be close enough to get you there.

Then if you still have the problem after that, I would try the freeware app Irfanview. If it can't open them, then something is seriously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back